Friday 8 October 2021

Whimsy & Wonder Matchbox Drawer Tealight Gift Box. Stamp N Hop Mini Catalogue Blog Hop. October 2021

 Good Morning Everyone,

Today I'm blog hopping with the Stamp n Hop ladies and we are using products from the Mini Catalogue. 

I've been working on a few Christmas projects and I wanted to share this one with you. It's a fun matchbox style drawer gift box designed to hold two tealights, but I'm sure you could fit in some sweet treats if you would prefer. It measures 3 1/4" x 1 3/4" x 3/4".

I've chosen this cute design from the Whimsy & Wonder DSP as the images are small enough to look good on this smallish box - larger images don't always work due to the small pieces of DSP you need to cut.











Measurements

Mossy Meadow Cardstock
1pc - 6 1/4" x 4 3/4"
1pc - 6" x 3 5/16"

Whimsy & Wonder DSP
1pc - 3 1/8"  x 1 5/8"
1pc - 1 5/8" x 5/8"
2pc - 3 1/8" x 5/8"


Take the larger piece of Mossy Meadow Cardstock and score as follows....

Long Side  - 3/4", 1 1/2", 4 3/4" & 5 1/2"
Short Side - 3/4", 1 1/2", 3 1/4" & 4"

So you have your piece of card stock looking like this (I have done this is Pumpkin Pie Cardstock as the score lines didn't show up too well on camera with my Mossy Meadow)...




Now we need to cut away at this piece to create a box base.  Holding the card stock as above, remove the four outer squares. Next, remove the squares that are next to the long rectangles. The remaining squares are to become tabs, so notch into them slightly. Also notch into the rectangles, it only needs to be a small slither.



Add tear and tape (I had to use red line tape because I ran out of tear and tape 😂) to the long rectangles


Then flip it over and add adhesive to the tabs.



Fold fold in the tabs to the lower longer rectangular sections.



Then fold down the top rectangles and adhere well.



Take this box and turn it upside side and place into the centre of of the remaining piece of card stock. Gently pull up the card stock from each side and wrap around. You can be a little rough with it - it can take it. Once you have these folds, reinforce them with your bone folder. Add some tear and tape and adhere together creating a wrap for the box.

Add the DSP to the front, sides and top!.

All done, you can add a sentiment if you wish but I didn't want to cover up this pretty DSP!! Haha.


I hope you have enjoyed today's project, and will continue through the hop for some more amazing Mini Catalogue inspiration. Sandra is up next - click below to head over to her blog


October Roll Call

Karen Egan

Gez Carpenter

Victoria Littlewood

Sandra Roberts

Liz Yuille

Annette Elias

Mo Rootes

Cheryl Taylor

Kim Price


Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's project. Click on the images to head over to my online store. Product List

Thanks for joining me today, please make sure you sign up to my Newsletters - I send a Weekly Round Up so that you get to see all the projects I have made that week - plus I also send a Monthly email full of news and updates for the upcoming month.

Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual Catalogue. I will also be sending out copies of the new August to December Mini Catalogue- So let me know if you would like me to get one or both in the post for you.

If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

8 comments:

Sentimental Park Thank you Card. Inspire Create Challenges #163 Colour Challenge

  Good Afternoon Everyone, Happy Monday! Today I'm sharing a card I've made for the current Inspire Create Challenge - #163 which i...