Sunday 3 October 2021

Pansy Petals Tile Pattern Happy Birthday Card. Share it on a Sunday

 Good Morning Everyone,

We have another fantastic theme for you today in our Share it on a Sunday Series. It's CASE a Fave Demo. Now as you know there are absolutely tonnes of Stampin Up Demonstrators all across the World who create some absolutely amazing projects week in week out. But my choice is a little closer to home. I have chosen to CASE Heather Forgan of Stamp With Nellie. She is based in Scotland, and I an amazing Crafter! 

So here's my card for today....





This is the card I chose to card, I just loved the bold colours and design as soon as I saw it. The mock parquet flooring effect is really awesome. I switched up the paper to use the current Pansy Petals DSP to see if it would work with paper that has lots of designs, and I think it does!




Measurements

Soft Succulent Card Stock

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4" scored at 4 1/8"

scrap

Evening Evergreen Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

1pc - 2 1/4" x 5 3/4"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

scrap

Pansy Petals DSP

Selection of strips which measure 1/2" x 1 1/2"

--------------------------------

Take the Soft Succulent and fold along the score line and add the basic white piece to the inside.

Now, take your smaller piece of Evening Evergreen card stock and mark the centre point. Place your first strip onto the card so the the top corner is on the pencil mark, and the bottom corner should sit nicely on the edge of the card stock.



Add the strips alternating your designs to the card like this -



Fill the full piece with these strip, so it should look like this once you have finished



Leave to dry, then trim down to 2" x 5 5/8"

Add this panel to the larger piece of Evening Evergreen card stock - so it runs flush with the bottom edge.

Wrap a length of the Evening Evergreen Open Weave Ribbon so the top edge runs flush with the top of the strip panel. secure the ribbon on the back and then add this panel to the card front.

Stamp the happy birthday sentiment from Pansy Patch in Evening Evergreen onto a scrap of basic white card stock and cut it out as a smooth oval, adding this to a soft succulent scalloped oval, add this towards the right hand side of the card, trying to have it sit over all three of the elements.

Finally create a bow in the same ribbon and add to the left hand side of the sentiment with a glue dot.

I hope you enjoyed my card today - please head over and see who Donna & Karen have CASEd today.

Taffy Crafting

Crafty Karen Designs

Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card. Click on the images to head over to my online store.

Thanks for joining me today, please make sure you sign up to my Newsletters - I send a Weekly Round Up so that you get to see all the projects I have made that week - plus I also send a Monthly email full of news and updates for the upcoming month.

Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual Catalogue. I can also send out copies of the August to December Mini Catalogue- So let me know if you would like me to get one or both in the post for you.

If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

4 comments:

The Project Share Project - 28th March 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...