Saturday 30 October 2021

Celebrate with Pretty Flowers Happy Birthday Card. Stampin' Birds Blog Hop. October 2021

 Good Morning Everyone,

Today I am hopping with the Stampin Birds Team which is always fun.

Each week we have a challenge within the team and this week it is DRY EMBOSSING, so I thought I would use that theme and create something for the hop as well. Win Win!!








Measurements

Old Olive Card Stock

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

Fresh Freesia Card Stock

2pc - 3" x 5 3/4"

1pc - 7/8" x 5 3/4"

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 2 7/8" x 5 5/8"

1pc - 3/4" x 5 5 /8"

scraps

---------------------------------

Take the Old Olive card stock a fold along the score line to create a standard card base, then trim off 1" from the right hand side. Make sure you only cut this from the card front otherwise you will just end up with a shorter card!

Run one of the larger pieces of basic white card stock and the Pretty Flowers Embossing folder through the Cut & Emboss machine and add this to the coordinating piece of Fresh Freesia and add the the shortened card front.

On the Thin piece of basic white, stamp the sentiment into the centre and then ad a flower top and bottom. I stamped the outline in Fresh Freesia, then added the solid infill with Fresh Freesia again, but 2nd Generation (stamped off once) for a lighter shade. Add this to the Fresh Freesia card stock strip and adhere to the card base, onto the back panel - so it shows evenly and centrally when the card is closed. 

Add the remaining piece of basic white to the remaining fresh freesia and add this to the inside of the card.

Stamp 12 flowers as you did above onto scrap basic white and fussy cut - add 6 in the opposite corners in a neat cluster - I used both liquid glue and dimensionals to give some depth.

All done, it's a pretty simple card, but the style and those extra little details like the embossing really do add some lovely interest.

I hope you enjoyed today's card, please do continue through the hop and see what the other Birds have created. Donna is up next - go on, click the next button to pop on over.....



Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card. Click on the images to head over to my online store. Product List

Thanks for joining me today, please make sure you sign up to my Newsletters - I send a Weekly Round Up so that you get to see all the projects I have made that week - plus I also send a Monthly email full of news and updates for the upcoming month.

Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual Catalogue. I will also be sending out copies of the new August to December Mini Catalogue- So let me know if you would like me to get one or both in the post for you.

If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

8 comments:

Sentimental Park Thank you Card. Inspire Create Challenges #163 Colour Challenge

  Good Afternoon Everyone, Happy Monday! Today I'm sharing a card I've made for the current Inspire Create Challenge - #163 which i...