Saturday 9 June 2018

Pretty Pinks Icing on the cake Happy Birthday card using Stampin Up Products

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are well on this lovely Saturday Morning. 

I'm not usually a huge fan of pink, but I have a friend's birthday coming up and she is Pink crazy, so today I thought I would show you the card I made for her, which I think is so cute. It uses this Icing on the Cake stamp set which I seemed to overlook in last years catalogue, but I got it about a month ago and I love it. You can make backgrounds really quickly and the flowers are so pretty.



Make a card base from a piece of Berry Burst that measures 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8" and add a whisper white panel to the inside, this measures 5 5/8" x 3 7/8". 

Using another piece of whisper white the same size, start filling the piece with the strips of Icing. I used Berry Burst, Powder Pink and Blushing Bride, but this could really be made any colour you like.  Add the Happy and Birthday between the strips where you would like, I chose to try focus them in the middle.

The flowers are also very simple to create, it's  two step stamping which helps create the depth and detail. Take the solid image and stamp in powder pink, the line up the detailed stamp and stamp with a darker ink, Berry Burst. I did the same to create the leaves as well using Lemon Lime Twist and Call Me Clover. Fussy cut them out and add dimensionals to the back, the leaves are quite small so I used mini dimensionals on the back of those.

Add the panel to the front of the card, then place the flowers and leaves to create some depth and It's all done!!

Here's a list of all the products I used in today's card, click on the links to head to my online store.e
Product List


Thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you all again soon

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. Even you though you don't like pink you have made a wonderful pinky card for your friend who does Vickie. Love the simplicity of the design but the colours are wonderful. I am sure she is going to love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorraine, I try not to just stick to what I like - I push myself to do something different.

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...