Saturday 16 June 2018

Decorative border Thank You Card using Stampin Up Supplies

Hello Everyone,

It's Saturday... and what a great day I have got planned. I am heading to my friends house today, who is my Stampin Up Upline to have a morning of Crafting, Coffee & Chit Chat.. and them I'm spending some time with my better half, Dave. We have both been super busy with our full time jobs, and my crafting on top of that... it's way past due!!!

Now my card today is awesome, if I do say so myself. I love how simply it is, but how effective the result. Using scraps of 2017-2019 in colour cardstock and a die which I seem to easily overlook came together to create this....


So, first of all take you detailed border dies and hunt out and scraps the will be big enough to fit it, I needed 8 strips to fit my card, and I chose to stick with the 2017-2019 in colours, which since the new in colours arrived, have been slightly neglected. 

Add the multipurpose adhesive sheet to the back of all your scraps. You peel off the top sheet and pop your cardstock on top, rub the cardstock to ensure that the adhesive has stuck well. leave to release paper on the back and then bring out the big shot. Lay the cardstock adhesive side down, place the die on top and cut as normal. Do this with all you pieces. 

Cut a piece of Basic Gray to 5 5/8" x 8 1/4" and score at 4 1/8" to create your card base.

Take the release paper from the back of the die cuts and adhere horizontally across the whole of the card front. Press the pieces down really well to ensure all of the bits a stuck down.

Taking your tranquil tide ink, stamp the fancy outline image, add the cute thank you to the centre and punch out using the pretty label punch. back this with two smoky slate label punch outs which have been sponged and adhere onto the card.

Add rhinestones and the card is finished.

Here's a list of the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store.
Product List
Thanks for joining me today, don't forget to click on the follow button so you don't miss out on any future posts!

See you again soon

  Vickie
    xxx

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to use up scraps of the in-colours that have as you say been overlooked slightly. I love this particular die from the Petal Palette set too, it is so pretty it can stand alone on a creation too. Thank you for the TOP TIP to add the adhesive sheets on the card stock before die cutting to save on time when adhering the die cut pieces. A really quick, beautiful card creation. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lorraine, The adhesive sheets are awesome, and it cover the whole of the back so you don't have to fiddle!! Which is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...