Sunday 24 June 2018

Jumbo Tealight Box using the Share What You Love from Stampin Up

Hello Everyone,

Happy Sunday. I feel very lucky today, the sun is shining already and I'm sat in my craft room.... pretty perfect morning!! I have a few things to do in here before I head out at lunchtime to watch the football... I hope England win otherwise Dave will be in a foul mood all afternoon!! hahaha.

So today's project is a cute little box which holds 2 jumbo tealights. I am proud of this little box as it's one of the first boxes I've created all by myself. We have been invited to a BBQ next weekend with a few friends, and thought this would make a cute little gift to give.



Finished Dimensions - 5" x 2 1/2" x 1"

MEASUREMENTS:-

Very Vanilla Cardstock
1pc - 8" x 7"

Share What You Love DSP
1pc - 2 1/4" x 4 3/4"
2pc - 2 1/4" x 3/4"
2pc - 4 3/4" x 3/4"


Take the Very Vanilla card stock and scored as follows :-

On the 8" length - 1", 3 1/2", 4 1/2", 7"
On the 7" length - 1", 6"

Hold the card stock so the 8" length is horizontal and with your snips, cut up all four score lines and notch into the squares. Do the same on the opposite side, and you should end up with you card stock looking like this:-




Add snail to the DSP Panels to what will form your lid as below:-

Now it's time too make this cardstock into a box. Add tear and tape to all the tabs you have created and follow the arrows above to adhere together. the 'B' create the base, bringing the two square onto the same rectangle will create your tray, and the single 'L' tabs create the lid.


As this box fits quite snug, I made a thumb hole, to help opening the box a little easier. Take the 1/2" circle punch and centralise it approx. half way in the punch on the front of the lid, cut of a semi circle as below :-



Finally, we can decorate the box. I stampted the Oh Hello Friend from Oh So Eclectic in Old olive onto a scrap of Very Vanilla, added a banner tail and sponged the edges. Adding this to the top of the box alongside a couple of fussy cut flowers and leaves from the same DSP just finishes it off.


Here's a list of the products I used today, click on the images to go over to my online store.
Product List
thanks for joining me today, If you don't want to miss out on any future post - click the follow button.

I hope you enjoy your Sunday, whatever you are getting up to.

See you soon

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. Vickie for your first box I think you did an amazing job and thank you for the detailed photographs and instructions on your blog in how to put your box together. I will definitely be giving it a go, thank you. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you for your kind words Lorraine. xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...