Thursday 21 June 2018

Petal Palette Sympathy Card using Stampin Up Supplies

Hello Everyone,

Today is a very special post for me... it's my 100th blog post today. so I would like to take this opportunity very quickly to say a big thank you for each and everyone of you for following, taking an interest in my projects and supporting me. I can honestly say I have the best time crafting and sharing... being a Stampin Up Demo is the best. It give me a great sense of community and belonging.

 Although, it's a smashing day for my blog, my card is on more of a sombre note. I had to make a sympathy card, but I didn't want it to be dull and boring, I wanted it to be different and show the recipient just how much I thought of the loved one who had past. They adored roses, so I thought this the perfect card to send.


I took the large flower image from Petal Palette and stamped it all over the front of a smoky slate card base, plus an extra image on a piece of scrap in memento tuxedo black ink. Taking the Garden Green and Lovely Lipstick Markers from My many marvellous markers I coloured n all the flowers.

I rang the spare image through the Big shot using the coordinating die to cut it out.

 I heat embossed the With sympathy sentiment onto another piece of scrap smoky slate cardstock in silver and layered this on a piece of lovely Lipstick card stock was cut to fit the width of the card base.

I stuck this down about a third of the way up the card and the positioned the die cut image over the top with dimensionals.

This card is rather basic in terms of design and effort, but I love the final results and it's so fitting for the occasion.

Here's a list of all the supplies I used today, click on the link to go over to my online store
Product List
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you liked the project. If you don't want to miss out on any future posts, click the follow button to be notified of any new posts I create.

See you Soon

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. What a difficult card to have to make, I think as a card crafter this is the most difficult design decision we have. I love the fact that you knew the person loved Roses which is why you chose the Petals Palette for your image. This is such a pretty stamp set that has been and still is very popular; which again I think you had in your mind. You choice was great and I love the fact that the card is bright and vibrant with a great image. Thank you for sharing this project with us crafters and congratulations on your 100th blog post too! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Lorraine, I always find Sympathy cards so hard to make xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...