Monday 4 June 2018

New In Colours Daisy Wreath using Stampin Up Products

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Monday. I hope you all had a great weekend. On Saturday I headed out to Birmingham to a team meet hosted by Amanda Charlesworth aka, Scrimpingmommy.

It was the first team Event I have attended and it was AWESOME. I got to meet some lovely teammates, watch demonstrations and learn new techniques.

Amanda asked each of us to create a WOW project for an inspiration table and here's mine....



I looks like a lot, but it is really simple to achieve.

I took a preformed wreath shape which I bought at a local craft shop for a couple of pounds. Punch in two holes towards what will be the top of the wreath and tie in some crumb cake ribbon to create the handle.

Take out your new  in colours and create a load of daisies. I think I had to make about 60 to cover this size.

To create the daisy stamp out two of the large flower images in the colour of your choice, then add the centre to one using daffodil delight. Punch out using the daisy punch and the curl the edges gently using your bone folder. adhere the top daisy (the one with the centre stamped to the bottom one using a glue dot - make sure you offset the petals to give a fuller flower shape. Then create as many as you need to fill your shape.

To give a more shape and lift I used dimensional to adhere these to the base, this helped tuck petals under and over to allow a more dimensional project.

And that's it - it's a great project, simple to do but a little time consuming to create all the individual daisies, but I sat in front of the tv one night, with my supplies on the coffee table and they were stamped and punched during one episode of Springwatch!!

Here's a list of all the items I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store.
Product List


Thanks so much for joining me today, and remember stampin Up is more than stamps and paper. It's a whole community and this weekend showed me the extra value being a demo has, if you want to see our joining offer click on the Stampin Up tab or view it on my online store.

See you soon

Vickie
  xx

4 comments:

  1. I love it Vicki, seeing something different made out of a stamp set is so exciting. I made a vase of Daisies from my Delightful Daisy set with a SU Demonstrator called Alex Spence and I absolutely love it. It sits on my windowsill reminding me that stamps don't necessarily need to be flat. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vickie, I have only just discovered your designs and yesterday I saw a fabulous card of yours called Dahlia. It looked like lots of circles in double sided card/paper that had been folded various ways and then stuck together to form a beautiful flower head that looked just like a Dahlia. I would so love to try this design but can't quite work out how to place each folded circle. Please, please would you let me know where I can find your instructions for this card? thanks a million in anticipation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for your comment. I am unsure of which project you are referring to but all my projects are searchable in the search bar at the top, or you can look through the month by month list which is to the right hand side.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...