Tuesday 12 June 2018

Golden Vellum Daisy Birthday Card Using Stampin Up Supplies

Good Morning Everyone,

I think I'm on a bit of mission this week!! I seem to have been crafting like mad, but I'm loving it. Today I have a card to show you that I was asked to make by a friend, for a friend. She wanted a little something special, but not too over the top and she likes the kind of vintage aged looked and adores gold, so here's what I came up with. It took a bit of time and quite a few supplies, but I think the result was worth it.


Take a piece of thick very vanilla and create your card base and stamp the lines image from the Timeless Textures stamp set around the edge. You just need to cover approx. 14" as the rest will be covered by the next layer.

Stamp the Sheet music stamp that has been inked up in Sahara Sand onto a piece of Very Vanilla that measures 5 1/2" x 3 3/4" and sponge the edges in the same ink. Start sponging on a piece of scrap paper in circular motions and the start to move on to the card  - this will help keep a smooth finish and avoid scratchy lines and concentrated ink. I made sure that I came into the card quite a bit to give good coverage.

Run snail across the back of this panel and then wrap the gold metallic thread around the full length. Adhere this to the card base.

Taking a scrap of vellum, stamp two daisy images from daisy delight in versamark and cover with gold embossing powder - using the heat gun melt the powder until it is all shiny. Cut out using the daisy punch and curl the edges carefully with your bone folder. stick the flower together using glue dots and stick to the card with a dimensional. Ad a large pearl to the centre and then run a ring of smaller pearls around that.

Stamp the birthday sentiment onto a scrap of very vanilla in soft suede. Put the right hand corner into the flourish side of the detailed trio punch and the round all the corners. Layer this onto a scrap of soft suede card stock which has along had all the corners rounded. Adhere this to the card, tucking the left hand corner under the daisy.



Here's a list of all the supplies I used today, click on the images to head to my online store.
Product List



Thank you for stopping by today, I hope to see you all soon.

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous card for your friend with a great mix and match of different images, punches and resources in order to create a gorgeous project. I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Lorraine, I did have so much fun pulling together all the different elements

      Delete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...