Thursday 9 August 2018

Under the Mistletoe Cute Christmas Tealight Box using Stampin Up Products

Hello Everyone,

So I know it's only August and we are currently enjoying a lovely summer, but I have my first Christmas project for you!! But in the grand scheme of things, it really isn't that far away - especially if you are like me, who likes to make all their Christmas cards & a lot of gifts. Now if you refuse to acknowledge Christmas just yet, switch up the colours and this could become a great wedding favour box or a summer party gift with citronella candles inside.

This box measures 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" and fits 4 tealights, which I have colour coordinated to make a great gift.



Take a piece of Real Red cardstock that measures 8" x 6 1/8" and score on the long side at 1", 2 3/4", 4 1/2" & 6 1/4", then on the short side at 1 3/4", 3 1/2" & 5 1/4".  Hold you piece of card as below:-



Fold and burnish all your score lines, I find it easier to do this step first and then cut away, rather try to burnish smaller fiddly pieces. Cut up all the score lines that run along the bottom, and cut away the lower left hand rectangle. Continue cutting away until you create a shape hat looks like this:-



Using the Under the Mistletoe DSP cut 5 pieces that measure 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" And stick the to the cardstock in the places as detailed below. Use your 1/2" circle punch to create a notch in the third panel along, this will make opening the box easier. Cover the left had flap with tear and tape and adhere to the opposite edge, then turn your attention to bottom flaps you have created. Fold in the sides and back piece, add tear and tape to the front flap, fold it all together to create your base.


Take the Shaded Spruce ribbon from the metallic ribbon combo pack and create a bow, add this to the lid using a glue dot.. and you're done!! 

I love a project that uses minimal supplies to great effect.


Here's a list of all the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store:-
Product List
Thanks for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed the cute little box...

Don't forget that the Stampin Up Autumn/Winter Catalogue goes live on 5th September... If you don't currently have a Stampin Up Demonstrator and would like a copy... get in touch and I would be more than happy to get one out to you when I despatch in the last week of August.

See you Soon.

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Vickie, one of my breast cancer charities is having a stall in September so I could make some of these for them to sell, I have quite a lot of retired christmas DSP from last year and vowed to myself I would not purchase any new DSP unless I used up what I had in my stash already. So what a good excuse to use it up! Do you know where to get these lovely colour tealights from at a reasonable price please? xx TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Lorraine, That would be a great idea :) I got these tealights from ASDA, pk of 24 for £1 and these are scented - plus there's blue and orange ones - but they do a pk of 100 unscented white ones for £2.20. xx

      Delete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...