Saturday 4 August 2018

Today is the perfect day to be happy Card using Stampin Up Products

Happy Saturday Everyone,

I hope you are all having a great weekend, I have managed to spend a lot of time crafting as I expected.... in which I have been very productive. I am now up to date with all my order, my charity cards, and I have managed to create a load of projects to share with you.

Today I have this beautiful card, very simple in construction but I love the final effect.



Take out you big shot and your stitched shape framelits. Using the squares, cut the largest with crumb cake, the second largest with silver foil and the next one down with whisper white. 

Whilst the big shot is out, run a piece of whisper white that measure 3 7/8" x 2 3/4" using the Basket Weave Dynamics Embossing folder. Now, this folder is thicker than the usual folders, so you will need to adjust your sandwich. You will only need one cutting plate to sit on the top. so here's how to layer it up

1. Base plate
2. Embossing Folder
3. Cutting Plate (on top)

Take out the whisper white which now has a lovely basket weave texture. Open your crumb cake stamp pad and with a very light touch, glide the pad over the cardstock - this will 'catch' the raised sections and colour with the ink, the flat areas will stay white. This helps create a great texture to the card.

Lay down the whisper white square so it looks like a diamond and stamp the sentiment in Fresh Fig.

Create a card base from fresh fig cardstock, that measure 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8" and add a writing layer of whisper white on the inside.

Using Liquid glue, adhere the basket weave piece to the top of the card front. Arrange your squares, as diamonds and layer on top of each other with dimensionals, keeping the bottom points close together. Sprinkle a few rhinestones around the sentiment.

Run two thin lines of liquid glue along the bottom section of the card and lay on some silver sequin trim, hold down flat until the glue dries.

Here's a list of the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store.

Product List
Thanks so much for joining me today, if you don't want to miss out on any future posts click on the follow button to get notified each time I upload a new post.

I hope to see you all soon

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love this card Vickie, I would class it more of a masculine card though to me. But I am always on the look out for masculine card designs because I find these type of cards so difficult to do. TFS :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorraine, yes I think these colours and design would work great for masculine cards... which I always struggle with as well xx

    ReplyDelete

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...