Monday 6 August 2018

Artistically Asian Thank You Card using Stampin Up Supplies

Hello Everyone,

Happy Monday, I hope you have all had a brilliant weekend... I have done all sorts and pretty much all of it was craft related so I was so happy! It's not often that I get a full weekend to myself.

Today's card is a cased from the catalogue,  I had to make some alterations to it but that's where my inspiration can from.

I love this stamp set, but do find sometimes that it was a bit limiting, as previously I have done a couple of cards but stuck to more traditional oriental theme. Flicking through the catalogue, I saw this card and immediately knew I wanted to recreate it a it is completely different. I absolutely love it....



Make a card base from a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock that measure 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8". Fill your aqua painter with water and bring in the blueberry bushell ink pad. I used a small block to pick up some ink from the pad, and then wiggled my brush into it to pick up some colour. Taking my bone folder, I gently tapped on the aqua painter over the card base and created the splatter. Set this to one side to dry.

Create a circle aperture in a piece of cardstock like below


Taking a piece of whisper white that measures 3" x 4" and using washi tape adhere this to a flat surface. Take your mask and position it on top of the whisper white, making sure the hole is where you want the 'sun' to be.

Using Daffodil delight and a sponge, fill in the open space. I started sponging in small circles on my scrap and then moved onto the white. This help you get a smoother and more even finish. I concentrated more ink towards the right hand side, and faded it out towards the left.

Remove the scrap paper and you are left with a beautiful sponged circle. I added two bamboo plants over the sun and place the two Chinese symbols in the top left hand corner.

Run some snail across the back of the grosgrain ribbon and adhered this to the bottom to the panel. Stamp the sentiment onto a piece of crumb cake and fussy cut into a small neat rectangle. Add to the panel over the ribbon.

Add a small banner tip to a piece of Night of Navy that measures 5" x 2 1/2" and adhere this to the card, then place the stamped panel over the top, making sure you can see some of the night of navy and the top and bottom.


Here's a list of all the supplies I used in today's card, click on the images to head over to my online store.

Product List
Don't forget that your catalogue is such a useful tool for inspiration and well as all the technical info. If you haven't received a copy of this years annual catalogue, Let me know and I would be happy to send one out to you.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope to see you again soon

Vickie
   xxx

3 comments:

  1. Vickie love what you have done with this CASEd card, I haven't got this stamp set but I keep thinking of getting it to go with the Party Pandas because I love the bamboo shoot images. Oh well, we will have to wait and see, TFS :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine, its a beautiful set and would go hand on hand with the pandas :) xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Lafayette in Flowers

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Stampin' Up! Catalogue Day!

 Good Evening Everyone. Happy Wednesday and Happy New Annual Catalogue Day!  I haven't got a project today to share - but I wanted to te...