Saturday 18 August 2018

Share What You Love Floral Gift Bag. Number 11 of #100things

Happy Saturday Everyone,

I hope you are having a good day so far, I have very little planned this weekend, so I hoping to get a lot of crafting done... but we will see how far I get?!? Although my internet is playing up so It's taken ages to upload this as my connection kept dropping and not allowing me to save or publish :( 

Today I have this beautiful gift bag to share with you - I just love it - and it measures 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" x 1 1/2" so it is a great to pop in a variety of goodies, plus you can get two from one sheet of 12" x 12"!!

Take a piece of DSP that measures 5 7/8" x 12".

Score on the long side at 1/2", 4 3/4", 6 1/4" & 10 1/2" with full score lines and at 5 1/2" & 11 1/4" part score to roughly 3". On the short side score at 4 1/4".

Score and burnish all your score lines, except the part score lines. hold the DSP horizontal and cut up all the score lines along t bottom, and wedge into the squares. Cut away the skinny rectangle and notch into each side of the tab. Your piece of DSP Should now look like the image below:- 


Pay some attention to the part score lines, gently fold the sides of each score line together to create a v shape - this will help you bag close better and look neater. See the following picture:-


Add tear and tape to the long skinny flap and adhere to the opposite side. Fold in the sides and the back piece, add some more tear and tape to the front flap and seal up to create your base.

Pinch closed the top of the bag and make two holes using the handheld punch - I used the flower heads as a rough guide, but you could measure the if you wanted them to be perfectly lined up.



Thread so grapefruit grove ribbon through one hole and the front and tie in a knot on the inside, then take the loose end and do exactly the same to the hole next to it. Do exactly the same on the back panel and now you should have handles. I used approx. 8" ribbon per side, but you can play around with the lengths.

Bring in the big shot and your Stitched shape framelits. Using the smallest oval, cut out a shape in whisper white and the next size up in Grapefruit grove. 

Stamp the for you sentiment on the white oval and layer this to the other oval. Add this to the gift bag with dimensionals and add a couple of the large pearl jewels.

I love how beautiful this paper is, and how you need to do very little decoration to make a lovely project.

Here's a list of supplies I have used today, click on the images to head over to my online store if you would like to purchase any of them.
Product List
Thanks for joining me today... Don't forget to click the follow button if you don't want to miss out on any future projects.

I hope to see you soon.

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. Vickie that is a great bag especially that you can get two out of one sheet of 12 x 12" DSP. I have a friend that sells recycled jewellery for one of the breast cancer support groups I go to. These would be very useful for her to put larger pieces of jewellery in or maybe a necklace, bracelet and earrings. I definitely will be having a go at this one Vickie, TFS. :O) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine, Would love to see what you create :) xx

      Delete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...