Monday 13 August 2018

Accented Blooms Heat Embossed Thank You Card. Number 4 of #100things

Hello Everyone

Happy Monday, I hope you have all had a brilliant weekend and are refreshed for the week ahead!

My card today is card I have made for a friend who has helped me out a lot over the past few weeks with a variety of things, so being a card maker - Obviously I had to make a card to show my appreciation. I as flicking through the catalogue and saw this card and knew I had to CASE it, this fits my friend's style perfectly and I love the sort of beach feel it has.




Make a card base with Coastal Cabana that measure 5 7/8" x 8 1/4" scored at 4 1/8". Find the piece of Wood Textures DSP that looks like painted warn wood and cut it down to 5 5/8" x 3 3/8" and adhere to the card front.

Cut a piece of whisper white to 4 1/8" x 2" and cover with snail. Add a 1/2" strip of Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green & Lemon Lime Twist to create a panel. make sure the strips are a snug fit and not adhesive is showing - otherwise the embossing powder with stick where you don't want it to.

Rub the embossing buddy over the whole panel to remove any oils and static. Ink up the Thank you from Accented Blooms in Versamark Ink and stamp in the centre, making sure that you cover a section of all the four colours. Add white embossing Powder over the ink and gently tap from behind to remove any excess powder. Use your heat tool to melt the powder into a shiny smooth finish.

Take some linen thread and wrap it round the panel and tie in a knot at the top and trim up the ends to neaten it up.

Add this panel to the card using dimensionals. Quick and easy, but to great effect.


Here's a list of all the supplies I used in today's card, click on the images to head over to my online store
Product List
Thank you for joining me today, especially on my #100things journey, I hope you are enjoying it and will continue to keep checking up on my progress - if you want to be notified of new blog post - click on the follow button.

See you Soon

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. Vickie, I love the wood textured DSP but this particular piece I have wondered what to do with it. Now I know because it looks amazing on this simple, classy design. TFS :O) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I always want to use neutral colours with the wood textures DSP and play safe - I will definitely be more adventurous next time I decide to use this paper stack xx

      Delete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...