Monday 9 July 2018

Tranquil Tide & Tranquil Textures Milk Carton using Stampin Up Supplies

Happy Monday Everyone,

It's the start of another week, and this week I am super busy!! Yesterday I spent many hours in my craft room - hiding away from the Sunshine, to be able to get ahead with my order and blog projects, in the hope I can spend some time after work enjoying the good weather this week.

Today I have another great 3D project. this is a large milk carton that measures 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" high to the score line, Overall height is 5" when finished so it can hold a lot of goodies!!




Measurements:-
Tranquil Tide Cardstock
1pc - 8 1/4" x 11 3/4"

Tranquil Textures DSP
4pcs - 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
2pcs - 2 x 2 1/2"

You will also need a scrap of whisper white and fresh fig cardstock.

Firstly, take the Tranquil tide and on the long side score at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", 8 1/4" & 11", and on the short side at 2 3/4", 5 1/2" & 7 3/4". Bring in a ruler and add a few diagonal score lines in the two sections as below:-




Fold and burnish all the straight score lines and ignore the diagonal ones for now. Using your snips remove the long skinny rectangle at the bottom left and notch into the rectangle above. Also take a small notch from the top left hand square. Cut up all the score lines on the bottom row of squares. See below:-



Add the DSP panels as above. Now gentle fold on your diagonal score lines, doesn't need to be super crisp, as once the box is built, it with all fall into place - this step will just help it all. 

Run Tear & Tape along the right hand strip and stick to the opposite side. Add some more tear & Tape to the flaps at the bottom and fold in to create your base.

Bring in your big shot and your Stitched shape framelits. Cut a whisper white oval from the smallest and a fresh fig oval from the next one up. Stamp the Happy birthday greeting in Tranquil Tide on the the White oval and layer onto the fresh fig one with Dimensionals, add some more dimensionals and stick to the front of the box.

Finally, I decided to decorate a small wooden peg for my closure. Take a scrap of the same DSP and using liquid glue adhere a small piece to the front, and once dry, trim down if needed. Repeat from the back of the peg and you're finished.


Here's a list of all the supplies I have used today, click on the images below to head over to my online store.
Product List
Thanks for joining me today, Don't forget to click the follow button at the top f the page if you don't want to miss out on future posts.

See you all again soon

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. Vickie, I love to see 3D projects because I think these take a bit more thought process than cards sometimes. I really need to start getting myself more organised (although chemo does not help at all!) I wanted to catch up with my card challenges but that does not seem to be happening. So I will have to enjoy all my crafty pals' projects and giving them fabulous feedback. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorraine, Hope you feel better soon and can get crafting more... I'm sure you will be back on it as soon as you can xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...