Sunday 8 July 2018

Tea Room Suite Colour Challenge Thank You Card using Stampin Up Supplies

Hello Everyone,

thank you for popping by today, what a beautiful day it is - I have a few hours planned n my craft room this morning and them this afternoon I have jobs in the garden to sort. Nice relaxed Sunday.

Over on Stampin for All FB group, which I an always looking at, they are running a Colour Challenge. All you do Is ask for a challenge on the specific post and then the lovely Karen will give you a list of three/four colours. You then create a project including these colours and them post them on the wall. There's also an album to add them to - this can then be used for inspiration. It's an ongoing challenge, so can be joined at any time.

I was given Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry & Highland Heather. Now I thought, Oh My.... How am I going to do that - I got the inks out, the cardstock and drew a blank!! I had no idea what to do - Then I thought about the DSP. I looked in the back of the catalogue and scoured the packs that had the colours in. I chose to use a piece of the Tea Room DSP that had crushed curry on. that helped me work out my card from there.





Make a card base from Bermuda Bay cardstock Cut at 5 7/8" x 8 1/2". Cut a piece of Highland Heather measuring ????? and a piece of DSP is cut at ??? and all these are layered onto the card base. I chose to change the increments of the layers to create a little more interest.

Stamp the Thank You form the accented blooms in Highland Heather and cut out using the tailored tag punch, add a little snail to the back of this and cross two small pieces of the gold edged ribbon. Pop this up on dimensionals and add to the card.

Quick and Easy, nothing too fancy or technical, letting the gorgeous DSP do most of the work.

Here's a list of the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store.
Product List
thanks again for taking the time to have a look at my card today. If you don't want to miss any future posts click the follow bottom at the top of the page to get notifications.

If you have a spare moment or want to join in head to Stampin for All on Facebook and find the Colour Challenge Post and Karen will be happy to give you a challenge. It's a great way to push yourself to use colour combos that you wouldn't automatically think of.

See you Soon.

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Vicki for sharing this colour card challenge project of yours. I agree the three colours would have given me a bit of a problem initially too. What a great idea to use SU catalogue for some inspiration and then letting the DSP do all the work. I am still a little unsure about the Bermuda Bay card base but that is just me! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorraine, I did find it really hard - but the catalogue is a great tool to help you pull things together. xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...