Wednesday 18 July 2018

We Are Cut Out To Be Friends Card using Stampin Up supplies

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all well. It's been a funny old week with the weather being so undecided as to what it wants to do, but as I have been inside most of the days, it's not too bad!!

I have had this set sat on my shelf for a while, in fact I think I have only used it once before!! So today I decided that I would use it to create this card for a friend who is a fabric crafter.. just because!! I love making cards, and try my best to send as many as I can... I think receiving a handmade card in the post is the greatest feeling, that someone has gone to that effort to make you smile and as the sender it's nice to know your craft can make people smile..



Take a piece of Blueberry Bushel that measures the measures 5 7/8" x 8 1/4" scored at 4 1/8", add a piece of whisper white that is 1/4" smaller and ad to the inside of the card. 

Cut another piece of whisper white that measures 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and start a variety of images from the set all over to create a background in smoky slate. 

On a scrap of whisper white, stamp the pair of scissors image in memento tuxedo black ink and colour in with the stampin write markers once dry. Fussy cut and pop to one side.

Add a length of ribbon across the width and adhere to the front of the card using a thin line of liquid glue, tape the ends down on the back of the panel with a little bit of tear and tape. Add the scissors image with glue dots - making sure you position the ribbon between the blades. Add some more of the grosgrain ribbon, but as if it's been cut!

Add this panel to the card base with dimensionals. Stamp the sentiment in blueberry bushel and cut out with the 1 3/4" circle punch, sponge the edges and layer onto a punch of  blueberry bushel using the tailored tag punch, add to the card and we're done!!!


Here's a list of the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store.
Product List

Thank you for taking a peek at my project today.

I hope to see you soon.

Vickie
  xxx

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing to do Vickie for your fabric crafty pal. It is indeed lovely to get 'Happy Mail' through the post from another pal rather than pick up a bill from the door mat. But when that 'Happy Mail' is also designed specifically for yourself as well then that is extra special. :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine, I love to the feeling of receiving a hand made card and the feeling that I can make someone smile by sending one!! xx

      Delete
  2. This is just gorgeous, I think I might need to get this stamp set.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen, It is a great stamp set.... I must use it more :) xx

      Delete

The Project Share Project - 28th March 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...