Friday 20 July 2018

Detailed with Love Card using Stampin Up Products

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are well, we have done it!! We have got to Friday. What's everyone got planned for the weekend?? We have a quite night planned tonight and then housework and odd jobs tomorrow, but we are heading away for the night on Sunday and I can't wait! So got to keep up to date with my crafty bits, so I have planned in a few hours of cardmaking at least.

Today I have a card for you which came about from asking for a colour challenge over on Stampin for all on Facebook. You are given a selection of colour and you make a project with them. The colours can come from cardstock, ink, DSP, ribbon etc. It's great fun and makes me put colours together that I probably wouldn't normally think of.



This card is super quick and easy, using lots of layers to create interest.

Take a piece of soft sea foam that measure 11 3/4" x 4 1/8", scored at 5 7/8" and sponge the edges. 

Add a layer of smoky slate which is 1/4" smaller and also has the edges sponged.

Take a piece of scrap cardstock in Blushing Bride, Smoky Slate and Soft Sea Foam and cut these to different widths and lengths, give them a banner tail and adhere to the card front making sure to over lap them.

Stamp the oval image onto a scrap of whisper white cardstock using blushing bride ink and then run through the bigshot using the second largest oval die from the stitched shape framelits. Also run the largest oval through in soft sea foam. Add this to the card front with dimensionals, making sure you cover the straight edges of the banners.

Dot around some pearls and add a bow made from the beautiful polka dot tulle ribbon and it's finished.

You know me, I love a quick and easy card, and with this great colour combination, I have created a card I may not have ordinarily thought to make.




Here's a list of the products I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store.

Product List
Thanks for popping by today, Don't forget to click the follow button if you would like to be notified when I post!

Why not head over to Stampin for All on Facebook and ask Karen for a challenge of your own, but be careful… they are super addictive!!

Have a lovely Friday and I hope to see you soon.

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. A great card design Vickie, I love the inking of the card base and layer and the banners and ovals. These all link together the colours and give dimension to the overall card design. The use of the tule ribbon and pearls tie these together too. Such a great idea Vickie, I have my colours from Karen there are: Granny Apple Green, So Saffron, Very Vanilla and Soft Suede. So watch this space as this is a project I plan to complete today if my chemo allows it. xx :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorraine, I did really love the colours Karen Gave me. She's given you some great colours also.... can't wait to see what you come up with. Hope you feel better soon hun xx

    ReplyDelete

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...