Monday 23 July 2018

Tall Thin Gift Box with Daisy Gift Tag using Stampin Up Supplies

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are well. I have just arrived home from Grassington, what a great time we have had - although my legs don't quite agree. We did a three hour walk today, and I'm not much of a walker at the best of times, so my legs are definitely feeling it!! The weather has been beautiful and we can't wait to head back.

I watched a tutorial from Sam at Pootles Papercraft, and I instantly wanted to make this box. I didn't have the stamp set that Sam used, so I decided to mix it up and use the colours that I was given in a colour challenge. Instead of creating lots of layers and stamping, I decide to make my own hand stamped Paper. Its measures a whopping 10 1/4" x 2 1/2" x 1 1/2", so you can fill it with loads of stuff.





Measurements:-

Whisper White
1 pc - 8 1/4" x 11"
1 pc - 1 3/4" x 3"
1 pc - 1 1/2" x 4"
1 pc of scrap for the daisy

Lovely Lipstick
1 pc 2" x 5"

Old Olive
1 pc 2" x 5"

Powder Pink
1pc 2" x 5"

Take a full sheet of whisper white card stock and randomly stamp across the whole piece to create your own DSP. Make sure you stamp over the edges to cover it all. I chose the Daisy as I wanted large flowers. With this stamp you will need to stamp in once, then ink up and stamp a second time in the gaps from the first stamp. This will give you the full flower. Once covered it should look like this...
Bring in your simply scored and score as follows: -

Long side - 1 1/2"
Short Side - 2 1/2", 4", 6 1/2" & 8", all put in some part score lines. At the 3 1/2" & 7 1/4" mark, create a score line that goes down to approx. 9", don't score all the way down - these line will be used to help you get the crisp angular sides. You can see here on the back of the pieces what it should look like once scored:-



Hold the card stock as above, and cut away the small rectangle in the right hand lower corner and notch either side into the thin strip. Cut up all thee score lines on the right hand side. So then you are left with this:-




Burnish all the full score lines with a bone folder, and carefully tease the part score lines. Add a strip of tear and tape to the thin flap. As the tear and tape is wider than the cardstock flap - fold it back on itself and it will be fine. Adhere this flip to the inside of the opposite edge of the card. Fold in the flaps at the bottom and glue together to create your base.

Take the three 2 x 5" strips of cards stock and put in to the scallop top punch to create the beautiful tag top. run snail along the left hand side of the old olive and place the lovely lipstick on top, offset it slightly so the old olive is showing, add snail to the top and do the same with the powder pink piece. Stamp the sentiment towards the bottom of the whisper white panel and then adhere centrally on  tag you have just created. 

Stamp out two daisies and punch out, curl the petals with a bone folder, be gentle - if you are to rough you run the risk of pulling off the petals!! Ask me how I know?? hahaha. Layer these together, offsetting the petals again to give that fuller flower and put onto the white space on the tag.

Using a lovely lipstick stampin write marker, colour a mini clothes peg. Thread some powder pink ruffled ribbon through your tag and attach to the top of the box with the peg.

Here's a list of all the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store, or contact more for further information on the products.
Product List
Thank you for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed the project - if you don't want to miss out on future post - click on the follow button and be notified when I post.

I hope to see you soon

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love this Vickie, it is a long time since I stamped my own DSP and I think I am going to do it again very soon after seeing your beautiful Delightful Daisy stamped DSP. I want something to go with the Nature theme of Gez's DT Project challenge and I think I will use your idea and stamp my own DSP. Thank you again for the inspiration to help me along with one of my card challenges. Are you saving this or is it planned for someone? :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine, thanks for your kind words. I can't wait to see what you come up with!! I haven't planned to give this to anyone, I think it will just sit on my inspiration shelf xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 28th March 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...