Tuesday 17 July 2018

Bunch of Blossoms Thank You Card using Stampin Up Supplies

Good Morning Everyone,

Here is project #2 in my Case the Catalogue Series. I think that crafters overlook the catalogue as a source of inspiration, so once a week I am choosing a project to CASE.

Today is this beautiful card using the Bunch of Blossoms Stamp Set and Punch, which I must admit tends to get overlooked by newer stamp sets in my collection.


Make a card base from a piece of whisper white that measures 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8". Cut a piece of designer series paper from Graceful Garden that measures the same size of the card from - 5 7/8" x 4 1/8" and adhere on the card front.

Take a piece of whisper white that measures 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" and using the leaves and stem images from Bunch of Blossoms, stamp three shoots. Add the small dot cluster to the top half of the cardstock with pool party ink .

Using the same stamp set stamp out 3 large petals and 6 half petals. This stamp set is a three step stamp, so I stamped the most solid images first in the lightest colours, moving to the mid tone colour second, and the outline is stamped with the darkest colour. This helps give shade and tone to the images and helps create the look of dimension.

Bring out your heat gun and using the sentiment from the stamp set, heat emboss with white embossing powder onto a scrap of Pool Party cardstock. Trim this down once cooled into a banner.

Now we can put all the components together. Take a piece of Lovely Lipstick cardstock that measures 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" and of set layer it with the stamped whisper white on top. Add liquid glue to the back to the small petals and glue two to the large petal to create a flower, add dimensionals to the flowers and adhere to the top of the stems.

cut a small piece of tulle ribbon and lovely lipstick grosgrain and attach to the card, at the sentiment over the top and the card is finished. 

Here's a list of all the supplies I used today, click on the images to be taking to my online store.
Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed today's card... Don't forget to take a closer look at your catalogue for inspiration. If you don't have a catalogue, get in touch and I would be more thank happy to pop one in the post for you.

See you all again soon

Vickie
  xxx


4 comments:

  1. You are so right Vickie, that we should start in the SU catalogue for inspiration before going else where. There are lots of inspiration around and we can get bombarded with too much and just actually need one design to get our creativity juices flowing. I love this CASEd card design you have created and it will always remind me to go to the catalogue first for support when starting with a new stamp set. Thank you. xx :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card design Vickie, I had to get my SU catalogue out because I have to be honest I do not remember seeing this design in it. I found it on page 158 but I think I missed because there are three stamp sets on this double page spread and the Peaceful Reflection new stamp set was the one that caught my eye. I love 2 and 3 step stamping so I am cross with myself for not spotting this stamp set before. It is going up to the top of my WISH LIST definitely. My aim tonight is to go through the catalogue not looking at the stamp/die sets but at the examples SU have printed in the catalogue. Thank you Vickie for this inspiration to look at my SU catalogue more closely. :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you pointed out some of them are showcased along with a few others so can be easily missed. It's a really great stamp set and along with the punch I reckon there's a huge possibility for some amazing designs. I have tried to change the way I use the catalogue to try and get even more out of it. Thanks so much for your lovely words x

      Delete

The Project Share Project - 28th March 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...