Sunday 15 July 2018

Cake Soiree Wedding card using Stampin Up Supplies

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are having a great weekend so far. Yesterday we had a BBQ up at my mums house with the family, who are crackers.... so it made for great fun. Today I have lots on, I have catalogues to prepare to send, orders to complete and I have to make some projects to show you guys next week, so super busy but I am hoping to get done in enough time to get to spend the afternoon with Dave.

Today I have this beautiful wedding card, which I was asked to make for a customer. I wanted to share it with you as it is a simple card to put together, but the results are amazing.



Take a piece of scrap whisper white and stamp the cake image in memento ink and put to one side to dry. Once it is dry, run it though the big shot using the coordinating die, you will also want to run the bow and the cake plate dies though on gold foil.

Stamp the Happy Wedding Day stamp in Powder Pink ink all over a piece of Powder pink card stock. Clean of the stamp and ink up in memento, add the sentiment to the bottom of a piece of whisper white that measures 3" x 4". Bring in the detailed trio punch and punch out the floral piece in each corner. Sponge the edges and then add it to the powder pink cardstock layer, then add this to a card base of Whisper white that measure 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8".

Bring in your stamp n write markers and colour in the cake. I used Tranquil Tide, Garden Green, Mango Melody, Powder Pink, Soft Suede, Poppy Parade, Pineapple Punch & Highland Heather, but it's really up to you which colours you choose.

Adhere the gold cake plate to the back of the cake with snail, them pop this piece up on dimensionals and place on the card. To finish it off add the gold bow to the top of the card with a rolled up glue dot.

Here's a list of the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store.
Product List
Don't forget to click on the follow button if you don't want to miss out on any future posts.

I hope you enjoyed the card today and will try it out for yourself..

See you Soon

  Vickie
     xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love this wedding card Vickie, it is classy but simple. The tone on tone stamping of the sentiment on the back layer of card stock is really effective because you used the same sentiment on the front of the card as well. The colours are not too much with the hint of gold foil and the flowers coloured with markers. The triple punch gives a subtle pattern on each corner of the white card stock. I love it Vickie, it would have been great as part of Sandra's DT project theme this week 'Celebration'. You should ask her to add it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Lorraine, Ohh I didn't think of the DT project :( xx

      Delete

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...