Thursday 19 July 2018

Cute Mini Tea Room Treat Bag using Stampin Up Supplies

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. It's Thursday, so the weekend isn't too far away. We have a jam packed weekend ahead of us so I can't wait for home time on Friday from my full time job.... but enough of that for now.

My project today is this cute Tea Room Treat Bag which measures 3"x 2" x 3/4". I used it to house a tealight but you could put in some little sweet treats if you would prefer!! And what makes this great is that you can get 6 from 1 sheet of 12x12", making this perfect to make for wedding favours, teachers gifts etc.




Take a piece of DSP that measures 6 x 3 3/4" and place it in the simply scored. Make sure that if you have directional paper that the images are in the correct direction.  

Score on the long side at 1/2" , 1 1/4", 3 1/4" & 4". Turn 90 degrees onto the short side, making sure you have you direction pointing left and score at 3". This score line will be creating the base section.

Bring in your snips and hold the DSP horizontal with the score line towards to bottom, cut up all the score lines and notch into the square sections. Remove the skinny rectangle  on the lower left hand corner and notch into the long thin tab. See below:-


Add tear and tape to the skinny left hand rectangle and fold together to create the bag. Tuck in the flaps at the bottom, then add tear and tape to the front flap and seal the bottom closed.

Stamp the banner and celebrate sentiment from thoughtful banners onto very vanilla and cut out using the duet banner punch. sponge the edges with old olive ink and attach to the front of the box with dimensionals, adding a pearl to either side of the wording.

Pop in the treat of you choice and close. I used a gold peg to keep with the vintage look which is non stampin up and from my stash! sorry! but I think a binder clip would work well also.


Here's a list of all the supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to
my online store.
Product List
Thanks for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed the project, and will have a go at making them yourself.

Don't forget to click on the follow button if you would like to be notified when I put up a new post.

See you soon

Vickie
  xxx

5 comments:

  1. Vickie thank you for this project, I have a friend who up-cycles jewellery and she has asked me to make her some packaging to put this in. This little bag will be ideal for all sorts of jewellery and as you said I can get 6 out of a 12 x 12" sheet of DSP. Whoopee! I know what project I am doing today. :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry Vickie but I am confused. I cut a piece of DSP 6 x 3 3/4" but then I cannot score at 4". I need some help pal. Please can you PM me with some help, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine I am so sorry!! My fingers must have been all over the place when I write this - somehow I put the wrong measurements in. I have now amended them - hope it now makes sense

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...