Sunday 22 July 2018

Animal Expedition Thank You Card using Stampin Up Products

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have all had a great weekend so far, and may it continue through today. It is Sunday after all!! Me and Dave are going to be heading out shortly with our doggy for a night in Grassington, in the Yorkshire Dales. I have our walking gear packed and all Tess' bits and I can't wait.

But first, I need to share my project. I was such a fun card to create. As you know I am such a fan of joining in challenges - they are a great way to push myself to do something I may not ordinarily think of creating.

We were given a sketch challenge over on cotswoldcrafter.blogspot.co.uk . Sandra does an amazing job of throwing a variety of challenges at us, and this week was a sketch challenge, in which you basically copy the basic design layout of a card and this is what I created.....



Make a card base from a piece of whisper white that measure 5 7/8" 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8". Take a piece of DSP that measures 5 5/8" x 3 7/8" and adhere to the card front.

Take a second piece of DSP that contrasts with the one you have already chosen. Wrap a length of call me clover around the top of this piece and tie a bow. Now, that's all good if you can do it, but I have a little trick as I am rubbish at tying bows. I ran a length of call me clover around the front of the card and secured on the reverse with a little tape. I then tied a bow completely seperately and adhered this to the grosgrain strip with a glue dot - Nobody will know the difference!! Adhere this to the card front 'wonky'.

Bring in the big shot and your stitched shapes framelits, run the second largest circle through firstly with a piece of berry burst, then again with pool party. Run the second smallest through with  a scrap of calypso coral.

Ink up the sentiment from Enjoy Life, ink up in call Me Clover and stamp onto a scrap of Whisper White. Trim this piece down and cut a banner tail. Run some snail on this piece and adhere to the card, keeping it to the right hand side.

Add dimensionals to the back of the circles and arrange on the front of the card so the overlap.

This was a super quick card that makes the most of this beautiful paper and you can switch up the sentiment for anything more appropriate for you occasion.

Here's a list of all the products I used in the card today, click on the images to head over to my online store, or contact me for more information.
Product List
Thanks for joining me today, Please pop over to cotswoldcrafter.blogspot.co.uk and check out all this weeks entries. A new challenge is posted on a Monday Morning so be sure to take a look at that too.

I hope you have a great Sunday... I better go put our bags in the car ready for the off!!

I hope to see you soon

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch challenge Vickie, the bright circles of card stock are definitely very striking on the front of the design. I have my card design still to do and yours has certainly inspired me to get on with mine today. Thank you Vickie xx :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank Lorraine. I love a good challenge... looking forward to seeing you creation xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...