Tuesday 16 June 2020

You Make the Flowers Smell Sweeter Greeting Card. Just Add Ink #509

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope you are well. The Sun is shining and it's a beautiful day here in West Yorkshire, I hope you all have a snippet of sunshine too.


Today I have entered a challenge over on Just Add Ink. Now, I'll be honest, these colours really are not my usual colours, so I was glad when this came up as it definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone.

The Challenge is to use Pool Party, So Saffron, Highland Heather & Crumb Cake - which I thought would be a perfect colour palette for today's card.

Measurements

So Saffron Cardstock
1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

Whisper White Cardstock
2pc - 5 1/4" x 3 1/2"

Pool Party Cardstock
1pc - 5 1/2" x 3 3/4"

Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Highland Heather scraps

Stamp three flower pots onto some scraps of crumb cake cardstock and fussy cut out. stamp a selection of the flowers, 9 in total from Basket of Blooms and them cut out using the small bloom punch. Add a rhinestone to each of the flower centres.

Fold the So Saffron Cardstock along the score line to create the card base, add the Pool Party Cardstock to the card front and a piece of the whisper white to the inside.

On the remaining piece of whisper white, stamp the sentiment at the top in crumb cake ink - I used this really sweet sentiment from All Things Fabulous. Now glue this down into the card front.

Add the flower pots along the bottom, spacing evenly. Now carefully lift up the petal on the flowers and add three to eqch pot.

The stamp sets and punches, along with clever colour layering made this card look super pretty and super quick time.

Here's a list of all the supplies I used today, click on the images for more information on the products.

Product List
Thanks for joining me today, please click follow or subscribe by email to get notified each time I post a new project.

Be sure to check out Just Add Ink's Blog and maybe try out the challenge yourself.

Sign up to my Newsletter - I send two newsletters a month - one with news and updates and all that is happening with myself and the world of Stampin Up, and a second with an Exclusive Project Tutorial for Newsletter Subscribers Only.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day,

See you Soon

Vickie
xxx


8 comments:

  1. What a brilliant card - love the colour combo. It has been really dull and muggy here in Liverpool and we are, as I'm typing this at the start of a thunderstorm! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Jane. Ooh hope you kept safe - We have missed anything like that so far!

      Delete
  2. This is a sweet and delicate card, Vickie, with those pretty little blooms. This worked well for the Colour challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sweet little pots work beautifully with this weeks Just Add Ink colours. Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet and simple card. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...