Tuesday 2 June 2020

I Love our Beautiful Friendship Greeting Card

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are well.

Today I have a card that I made for a team colour challenge. We were given Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry & Old Olive. I decided to use the Beautiful Friendship stamp set, but use this particular cluster as I always tend to beeline for the others. I love this set as it's a Distinktive stamp. All the shading and tone is done with just one stamp of the image. The detailing is already built into the stamp so you literally just ink and go. They are fabulous



Measurements

Crushed Curry Cardstock
1pc - 4" x 11 3/4", score at 5 7/8"
1pc - scrap for the sentiment panel

Old Olive Cardstock
1pc - 5 1/2" x 3 3/4"

Very Vanilla Cardstock
1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"
1pc - 5 1/8" x 3 1/4"
1pc - scrap for the sentiment.

Create your card base by folding the Crushed curry along the score line. Add the Old Olive piece to the front of the card and the largest piece of very vanilla to the inside.

Take the remaining piece of very vanilla and cover it all with the flower image. I took the ink pads to the stamp and carefully inked up where I wanted that colour. It doesn't have to be too exact. If you look closely, there is some mixing of Old Olive and Poppy parade where the flower meets the stem, but I kinda like how that turned out. If you wanted a definite separation, you could use Stampin Write Markers.

Next using two of the Stitched nested label dies, cut one shape in Very Vanilla and the next size up in Crushed Curry. Stamp the sentiment as close to the right hand side as you can then layer up these two pieces. Cut off the 'excess' on the left hand side and add this to the stamped panel, making the cut edge flush with the piece below.

Add the whole panel to the card front.

Super Simple, super quick and super lovely!



Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card. Click on the images to head over to my online store.

Product List
Thanks for joining me today, please click follow or subscribe by email to get a notification each time I post up a new project.


NEW ANNUAL CATALOGUE - 24hours and counting until the new annual catalogue goes live - if you haven't got a copy, just send me a quick email vickieloudesigns@outlook.com and I will be more than happy to pop one in the post.

See you Soon

Vickie
xxx

2 comments:

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...