Sunday 28 June 2020

Ornate Garden Sketch Challenge. Share it on a Sunday #21

Good Morning Everyone,

Hasn't it been such a lovely Week? I can't believe it is Sunday Already? how did that happen.

Well, as many of you know by now Sunday is Share it on a Sunday, where Donna, Karen and myself challenge each other to create a project around the same theme. This week I chose a sketch for us to do.

So as usual, I will run through my project, and then link to Donna and Karen's posts so you can see what they have created too.



Sketches are a great way to help give you some focus to creating. I love this as we all have the basic layout to follow, but I can guarantee they will all look different - and we don't see each others projects before so I will be just as interested to see what they booth create too.

Here's the basic sketch we were to follow:-



Measurements.

Early Espresso Cardstock
1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"
1pc - 3" x 3"
1pc - 1 7/8" x 4 7/8"
1 5/8" x 5 5/8"

Ornate Garden Speciality DSP
1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"
1pc - 1 3/4" x 4 3/4"
1pc - 1 1/2" x 5 7/8"
1pc - Fussy Cut flower

Whisper White Cardstock
1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"
1pc - Scrap for the circle

Once you have cut all your pieces of DSP and Cardstock, all you have to do is layer it together!

Layer up all the DSP onto the coordinating Early espresso panels and then following the sketch add them to the card front you have create from folding the largest early espresso piece along the score line. It may take a few attempt to get it lined up properly, so I suggest taking your time and placing them down to get your figuration right before glue. I also used liquid glue, which gave me a little bit of time to move the pieces if needed.

Now take the scrap of whisper white and run through your die cutting machine with a Stitched Circle. figure out where you want to position your flower, then stamp the sentiment. I used the Birthday wishes from Itty Bitty Birthdays, now this stamp is a long one and the words follow in a line, but that wouldn't fit for what I wanted, so I masked off the wishes with washi tape, took the ink pad to the stamp and only inked up the Birthday - stamped it, cleaned it then repeated the process to get wishes.




Add the fussy cut flower to your circle, then add this to the card front with dimensionals.

Finally add the whisper white panel to the inside, so there's a nice space to write a message.


Please now take a look at what Donna and Karen have created by clicking the following links - you won't be disappointed!!

Taffy Crafting
https://taffycrafting.blogspot.com/2020/06/share-it-on-sunday-victorias-sketch.html

Crafty Karen Designs
http://craftykarendesigns.blogspot.com/2020/06/share-it-on-sunday-sketch-challenge.html

Here's a list of all the supplies I used in today's card, click on the images to head over to my online store.

Product List
Thanks for joining me today, and make sure you pop on over to see the other two projects for the day.

Please click follow or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project. Also, check out my Newsletter! I send out 2 a month - one with news and updates, and a second with a FREE exclusive newsletter subscriber project tutorial.

Have a fab Sunday, See you Soon

Vickie
xxx







4 comments:

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...