Sunday 7 June 2020

A World of Good Scrappy Strip Technique Masculine Birthday Card. Share it on a Sunday #18

Hello Everyone,

Happy Sunday! That's right, It's time for our Share it on a Sunday projects and this week it was my turn to choose the theme. . CASE an International Demonstrator.

I chose to CASE Kylie & Bruno Bertucci, here's my card using the Scrappy Strip Technique



The Scrappy Strip Technique was introduced to us by Bruno & Kylie Berttuci. I have seen so many great cards made with it. I wanted to try something different, so I used a piece of detailed DSP and wanted to achieve a continuation of the design across the technique, which I hope, I think I have succeeded. Here's the card that I saw first, I know there have been several!



As usual, I will run through my tutorial with you, then link to Donna and Karen, so you can check out their blogs today.


Measurements

Basic Black Cardstock
1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"
1pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

World of Good Designer Series Paper
1pc - 6"x 6"
1pc - The compass design (cut from a stitched circle die)

Very Vanilla Cardstock
1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

First of all, take the DSP and cut it in your trimmer to get strips. Angle it in different ways to get the different edges. As I am using a detailed DSP and what the design to run through correctly, I would suggest, laying the cut pieces down as you do them, back into place - I didn't on this and it took quite a bit of time to put it all back together - was a bit like a jigsaw, a difficult one!! haha.





Once you have all you cut pieces laid out. Take the smaller panel of basic black cardstock and start adhering the DSP on to it. Start by adding the first piece flush to the edge of the basic black cardstock mat, then follow the angles and leave some space between each piece so you see a nice black separation line. Make sure you take your time to try and line up the pattern as best you can. I'm happy with how mine turned out, it's not 100% perfect on close inspection, but it's pretty accurate.

Leave to dry, and then trim off all the overhanging edges, so that it is all flush with the mat below.




Create your card base by folding the remaining piece of Basic Black Cardstock along the score line. I had a couple of strips left, so I added these to the right hand side of the very vanilla panel and then glued this to the inside of the card.

Add the Scrappy Strip panel to the front of the card. Cut out one of the compass images and add a thick black line around the edge using a stampin write marker in basic black. Stamp the sentiment into the centre using the Happy Birthday from Itty Bitty Birthdays and add this circle to the lower right hand side of the card front.


Here's the links to Donna and Karen's blogs so you can see who and what the chose to CASE.

Taffy Crafting
https://taffycrafting.blogspot.com/2020/06/share-it-on-sunday-window-box-with.html

Crafty Karen Designs
https://craftykarendesigns.blogspot.com/2020/06/share-it-on-sunday-case-international.html

Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card, click on the images to head over to my online store

Product List
Thanks for joining me today, please do make sure you have popped over to Donna and Karen's blogs, also be sure to Check out the original technique from the Bertucci's... click here to see it

Please click follow, or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project. And, I send a monthly newsletter, so make sure you are signed up to that to!!

See you soon

Vickie
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Great card, I must try this technique, it looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Karen, It's really easy to do and you can get some amazing results.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous work Victoria, beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant card and well done for keeping the strips in sequence xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...