Tuesday 14 January 2020

Flourishing Phrases Votive Candle Gift Box. Day 14 of #31dayscraftchallenge

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are well, I'm just about dried off from the horrid weather yesterday, although today isn't much better!!

I have been having a look at my stamp sets and realised I haven't used the Flourishing Phrases stamp set for, well I can't remember when I last used it! So, I decided to create some pretty boxes for some Yankee Candle Votives that I can gift.




Measurements

Flirty Flamingo Cardstock
1pc - 8 1/2" x 6 1/2"
1pc - scrap for sentiment

Whisper White Cardstock
5pc -  1 7/8" x 1 7/8"

Take your piece of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock and using your simply scored  and score as follows...
Long side - 2", 4", 6" & 8"
Short side - 2", 4" & 6"
Now cut away at the cardstock so you are left with a piece of cardstock that looks like this...



Then on the 5 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock stamp the the Flourish from flourishing pharses in memento ink. The stamp is far too big for the panel, so make sure you stamp so you get a good mix of flower and leaves. Once the ink is dry, colour using blends.

Add these five panels to the card stock. Adhere four panels the right way up along the central row, then add the fifth piece to the panel that is left - this is the lid so you will need to place it upside down as you look at it.. see below....



Using a circle punch, add a small thumb notch to the panel that will be the front and round the corners of the thin tab at the top of the cardstock, above the upside down panel.

Add tear and tape to the thin tab and adhere it to the furthest panel away. At the bottom, fold in the side and the back and pop some adhesive on the front tab and adhere it closed. Fold in the tabs at the top and close the lid.

Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock, towards the right hand side, then add to the lid of the box.

Finally using 4 strands of bakers twine, tie a little bow and add to the left hand side of the card strip with a glue dot.

Here's a list of all the supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store. Don't forget that you can earn Sale A Bration freebies when you place a qualifying order.

Product List
Thanks for joining me today, please click follow or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project.

See you soon

Vickie
Xxx

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, thanks for sharing with us at All Things Crafty FB group xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xx and thanks for having me over in the group - it's such a fun, supportive and inspirational place xx

      Delete

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...