Tuesday 23 October 2018

Very Vintage Inky Block Technique Birthday Card. Number 46 of #100things

Hello Everyone

Today I wanted to show you this wonderful technique - I'm not sure if it have a 'proper' or 'technical' name so I'm just going to go with 'Inky Block' and it will all become clear shortly.

 I love the results you get with this, a little similar to the baby wipe technique I thought... what do you think??



 Create a card base from a piece of basic black cardstock  that measures 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored and folded at 4 1/8".

Cut two pieces of Whisper white that measure 5 5/8" x 3 7/8" and adhere one to the inside of the card.

Take an acrylic block and your ink pads and add ink directly to the block. I used four colours so added colour to each corner - be careful when adding the ink that you don't overlap the colour too much or you could end up lift a different colour from the block onto the pad. See below:-


Using your spritzer, add a few squirts of water to gently mix the colour.

Choose your stamp and mount onto a seperate block - now that the stamp and use the inked up block as you would an ink pad. gently press the stamp into the ink, and then transfer to the other whisper white piece you cut down.

I cleaned off my stamp a few times throughout the process to try stop getting the ink to 'muddy' and merged to one colour. Another tip is to try not to move the stamp too much when on your make shift ink pad - use one firm press to pick up the colour - again this will help keep the colours seperate.

On a scrap piece of whisper white stamp the sentiment and cut out, then layer onto a piece of basic black.

Once the large stamped panel is dry, adhere to the front of the card. Make sure you add plenty of adhesive to the back of this, as sometimes it can warp slightly due to the extra moisture you added with the spritzer.

Add the sentiment to the bottom right hand corner. Then using a few of the sequins from the mini sequin trim add to the centre of each image.


Here's a list of all the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store.
Product List
Thanks so much for joining me today. 

Don't forget the 24 hour Birthday Sale that is happening today - although the stamp sets I have used today aren't included - you can get yourself 15% discount off selected sets for today only so head over to my store to take a look....

https://vickieloudesigns.stampinup.net

I hope to see you again soon

Vickie
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...