Thursday 25 October 2018

Graceful Glass Bookmark. Number 47 of #100things

Good Morning Everyone,

Today I have this cute little bookmark for you. I tend to read a lot of books, so a bookmark is a must for me, so I thought I would make myself a pretty little one using the beautiful Graceful Glass Printed Vellum.

These are really quick and easy to make, and would make a great little gift or packaged up could do well for a craft fair.



Take the printed vellum pack and find the design that has four long thin panels. Cut down this piece to create four even panels approx. 5" x 1 1/2" each. Pick one of the designs for your bookmark.

I used watercolour pencils to create a softer look, but nay colouring medium will work. Turn the panel over and colour in the back side of the vellum. Add colour using the watercolour pencils, then blend the colour together to get rid of the harsh lines.

Add small dots of liquid glue to a few places and them adhere to a piece of whisper white of the same size. Usually you have to be careful with glue and vellum as it can show through but with the colouring on the back makes the adhesive less noticeable.

Cut a piece of old olive cardstock that measures 5 3/4" x 1 3/4". Round the corners of one short edge using the detailed trio punch. Also cut a hole using another function on the punch. Use this hole to thread a length of Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and secure this in place with a small length of baker twine tied into a knot.


Here's a list of all the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store:-
Product List

Thanks for joining me today, if you don't want to miss out on any future post - click on the follow button.

See you again soon

Vickie
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...