Saturday 10 February 2018

Beautiful Blue Peacock Fancy Fold Card using Stampin Up Products

Hi Everyone,

Its miserable here in Huddersfield today so I have only one plan - Craft!!!

Here is my first project I have completed and I love it. It has been created using the Beautiful Peacock stamp set which cannot be bought - only earned as a freebie during Sale-a-bration. Don't know what sale-a-bration is??

In short, Its Stampin Up's amazing annual event in which you can earn free product for spending in the annual catalogue as well as the new Spring Summer catalogue.

This set is gorgeous and so versatile, I have seen so many gorgeous projects made using this stamp set, but here's my card for the day.




Using Pacific Point & Tempting Turquoise I scored and layered differently to create this fancy fold.

Taking a piece of pacific point that measures 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 2 1/16" & 4 1/8", when you burnish, fold like normal at 4 1/8", but fold back at the 2 1/16" to create a smaller card front.

Taking the flourishes from the stamp set ink up two of the turquoise pieces and the edge of the whisper white in Pacific point. Layer up the panels.

To create the over hang square piece, Stamp the peacock and flourish in the blues, then add a sentiment in Basic black to make it stamp out. Add adhesive to only half of this panel and adhere to the left hand side panel, the side without the adhesive should hang over the edge.

DIMENSIONS:-

Pacific Point Card Stock 

1x 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1x 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"

Tempting Turquoise Card Stock 
1x 5 6/8" x 4"
2x 5 6/8" x 1 7/8"
1x 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"

Whisper White Card Stock
1x 5 1/2" x 3 3/4"
1x 3" x 3"


Product List
I really hope you enjoyed todays project as much as I did.

If you are interested in finding out how to get this stamp set heading on over to my Stampin Store where all the information will be outlined. click the link to head over there:-


or visit my contact page and get in touch - I would be happy to talk through it with you.

Hope to see you all soon.

Vickie
xx






11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you entered this...it is so beautiful and vivid. I love it! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janie for your lovely comments and thanks for inviting me to enter! :)

      Delete
    2. You are quite welcome! I hope you enter again next month so I can see more of your beautiful work :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  2. fabulous layers.... thanks for joining us at Crafters Castle Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev, I really enjoyed joining the challenge - can't wait for the next one xx

      Delete
  3. Vickie, just love this card! And thank you for posting the sizes. However, How do I do the 2 - 5 6/8 x 3 7/8 tempting turquoise panels? If the pacific point front is folded, should the 5 6/8x3 7/8 panel be cut to fit? Confused! I just found this card, love it! Will be following you to see your other creations. Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgene. Aww thanks for your lovely words! You are right, I have incorrectly inputted the sizes for these pieces, they should measure 5 6/8" x 1 7/8" to fit the panels... well spotted... thanks for pointing that out. I will edit to correct :) xx

      Delete
    2. Wow! Thank you so much for the fast reply! On to cardmaking! LOL

      Delete

Creative Colour Challenges - #136

   Good Morning Everyone, Happy Monday! I know this is a little late, I had a tricky time getting two little kiddies down to bed last night ...