Monday 16 May 2022

Happiness Abounds Congratulations Card. Creative Colour Challenges - #CCC37

 Good Morning Everyone

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend - not sure about your's but ours seemed to disappear far too quickly for my liking! Anyways, It is Monday nevertheless, so I wanted to share my card for this week's brand new combo over on Creative Colour Challenges.

It took me a while to figure out what I was going to do as the colours are quite bold and rich. But here's what I came up with - what do you think?







Measurements

Mango Melody Card Stock

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

Early Espresso Card Stock

2pc - scrap

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 5 1/2" x 3 3/4"

1pc - scrap strip

------------------------------

Last week I stamped a full sheet of A4 card stock and cut it in a way that I could use it one several projects! I decided to use a piece of it for today's card. This is how I cut my sheet



Take on of the smaller rectangles from the left hand side, and trim down to 5 1/2" x 3 3/4". ( If you weren't doing this, just hand stamp onto a piece of white of that size in Memento ink).

I used Blender pens and an ink pad to colour my images - because I didn't have all the Stampin Blends in these colours. All you do is gently pick up some ink with the tip of the blender from the side of the ink pad and then apply the colour to your images. You do have to be careful not to overload the card with colour and movement as you can end up bobbly fluffy card.

Take the Mango Melody Card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base, adding the plain basic white panel to the inside.

Add the two scrap pieces of Early Espresso behind the coloured panel in opposite corners, making sure you border look even on both.

On the scrap strip of basic white stamp the sentiment into the centre, and add to the centre of the stamped panel with dimensionals, trimming off any overhang so it sits flush.

Add this panel to the card front.

Finally, using Cherry Cobbler Stampin Blends colour in two of the smallest Basic Rhinestones and then add these to either side of the sentiment, following the lines.

I hope you like my card today, and the colour combo. If you would like to join in - head over to my blog Creative Colour Challenges to get more info on how it works and how to enter. I would love to see all your creations.


Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List







If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...