Wednesday 27 May 2020

Piece of Cake Happy Birthday Card using the Emboss Resist Technique

Good Evening Everybody,

I hope you are well. We are having some fantastic weather currently here in Yorkshire, so I hope you are as well.

Today's card was made for a challenge in Crafty Stampin Club a fab Group on Facebook, which is run by a good friend of mine, Tricia. She runs challenges regularly and when Inky Background came up last week I knew I had to join in. I absolutely love messy crafting and chose the emboss resist technique- one of my all time faves!!

I used the Piece of Cake stamp set whoch sadly retires in just a few days (2nd June).



Measurements

Basic black cardstock
1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4, scored at 5 7/8"
1pc - scrap for the circle

Whisper White Cardstock
2pc - 5 3/8 x 3 5/8"
Scrap

Create your card base by folding the basic black cardstock along the score line and add a piece of whisper white to the inside.

Rub over the remaining piece of whisper white with your embossing buddy, then ink up the cake stamp in versamark ink and stamp all over the cardstock. Sprinkle over clear embossing powder, gently tap off the excess and set it using your heat tool. The heat will melt the powder and make smooth embossed outlines.

Once cooled, take a sponge and with poppy parade ink, cover  approx third of the way up the cardstock from the bottom. Repeat with Lovely Lipstick for the next third, and real red for the top third. Make sure you go in small circular motions to avoid harsh lines, and try hard to blend the colours well where they join so you don't get a line across where the colours meet.

Wipe over with a clean cloth or paper towel. This will remove the ink from the embossed areas and leave an amazing finish.

I cut out one of the cakes from the centre of this panel with a craft knife. I did this so that the cake would ahve the same shading as it should have in its position. But you could always do a seperate one on a piece of scrap.

Add this panel to the card front, then place a 1 3/4" circle of black cardstock over the hole.

Stamp the candles, colour and fussy cut. Stick the cake and candles onto the balck circle.

Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card, click on the images to head over to my online store for more information or to place an order for those retiring products before they are gone for good.

Product List
NEW CATALOGUE- although it's sad to see products retire, we have an exciting new catalogue, with so many new delights to ease that pain. Of you don't have a Stampin Up Demonstrator and wouls like a copy mailing, email me ?? And I will happily pop onw in the post for you.

PAPER SHARE- a new catalogue always brings a new collection of DSP, and to buy it all can be quite costly. I'm offering a paper share, 1/4 of all the new DSP, for a 1/4 of the cost. It works out to be budget friendly and helps you have a taster before committing to full packs. If you are interested in the
Paper Share email me.

Thanks for joining me today, please click follow or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project

See you soon

Vickie
Xxx

2 comments:

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...