Sunday 3 May 2020

Flourishing Phrases Hand Stamped Gift Bag. Share it on a Sunday #13

Good Morning Everyone,

What time is it? It's Share it on a Sunday time. We have been doing this series now for a few months now and I'm really enjoying the challenge, really hope you are enjoying them too??

This week Karen challenged us to make a hand Stamped gift bag, now I'll ve honest I've had a nightmare with this one. I stamped it badly, then I scored wrong, then cut wrong so several attempts have been thrown in the bin - but I persisted and I got it right eventually and here it is...



I have used the vold flower from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set to create a bright background with the 2018-2020 In Colours which will sadly be leaving us at the end of the month.

As always I will take you through my tutorial, then link to Donna and Karen's blogs so you can see what they have both made as well.

Measurements

Whisper White Cardstock
1pc - 11 3/4" x 6 1/4"
1pc - 1" x 3 1/2"

Blueberry Bushel Cardstock
1pc - 1 1/8" x 3 5/8"

Take you piece of whisper white and randomly stamp the image all over in a mix of all the five in colours.



 Now score on the following...
Long side - 1 1/4", 5 3/4", 7" & 11 1/2"
Part score on the long side to approx 4" down at 5/8" & 6 3/8"
Short side - 5"

Fold and burnish all the score lines with a bone folder, holding the card stock horizontally, cut up all the score lines, and notch into the squares slightly. Remove the tiny rectangle from the bottom right hand corner, then notch the long thin tab top and bottom. You should be left with this..



Add tear and tape to the tab on the right hand side. The tape is wider than the tab so just fold it back on itself. Adhere this panel to the opposite edge. At the bottom, fold in the sides and the back, abd adhere down the front panel to create the bag's base.

Pinch in the top and those part score lines with help it close smoothly and neatly. Holding the bag closed, add two holes using a handheld hole punch. Thread through some grosgrain ribbonand create two handles, one at the front and one at the back.

Finally stamp the sentiment from Perennial Birthday Stamp Set in lovley lipstick onto the whisper white, layer onto the blueberry bushel and add to the front of the bag.

Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card, click on the images to head over to my online store

Product List
I hope you enjoyed the project and will try it yourself, I promise I got it right in the end! Haha. Here's the links  as promised. Please do go and check out their projects

Taffy Crafting
https://taffycrafting.blogspot.com

Crafty Karen Designs
https://craftykarendesigns.blogspot.com/2020/05/share-it-on-sunday-hand-stamped-mini.html

Thanks for joining me today, please click follow or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project and don't forget to check out my online store to grab yourself these products before they retire for good.

Stay safe, Stay Home

See you soon

Vickie
Xxx

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Vickie - well worth all the false starts - well done on persevering with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous make Victoria, very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...