Sunday 17 May 2020

Daisy Delight Thank You Notecards Using the retiring In Colours. Share it on a Sunday #15

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Sunday, I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. As it's Sunday, it's time for another Share it on a Sunday Project Share.

This week we are focusing on the Stampin Up Retirement List. If you are unfamiliar with Stampin Up, we have a catalogue that runs Yearly and the new one is Due out in June. Unfortunately, some of the products we have grown to love will no longer be available, but it's not all sad because there will be brand new goodies to swoon over.

I have chosen to make my project with the retiring In Colours. These have been a big favourite of mine and I will be really sad to see them go, alomg with the Daisy Delight Stamp Set.

As usual I will run through my project and then link to Donna and Karen's blogs so you can see what they both made. So here's my cards.



This layout and design means they are simple to create and really easy to batch make.

Measurements

Whisper White Cardstock
5pc - 4" x 8"
5pc - 1" x 3 1/2"
scraps for the daisy images

In Colour Card Stock
5pc - 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" ( one in each of the In Colours)

In Colour DSP
5pc - 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" (one in each of the In Colours)

I will talk you through this as I made them, batch making in a production line manner.

  •  Score the pieces of 4"x 8" whisper white at 4"  and fold to create the card base.
  •  stamp the Thank you Sentiment on to the 1" x 3 1/2" pieces, using each In Colour once
  •  On scraps of whisper white stamp the Daisy Image twice in each of the In Colour, then punch out using the daisy punch. Curl the edges gently with a bone folder. Layer the two punch outs together, offsetting the petals to get a full flower.
Now that all the pieces are made and cut, you just sit and assemble them. I decided to mix and match the colours, so I used the sentiment and daisy in a different colour to the cardstock and DSP, but you could keep them all the same colour if you wat.

  •  Add the sentiment strip to the bottom of the pieces of DS
  •  Layer the DSP onto the cardstock
  •  Place this panel onto the card front. using a dimensional, centre the daisy above the sentiment strip
  • Pop a Clear Faceted Gem into the centre of each flower.
Working like this and getting all your different elements ready, doing the same 'job' together really does help speed up this process and you can have quite a few cards in a matter of minutes.

Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card, click on the images to head over to my online store for more information or to place an order

Product List
I hope you enjoyed my project today, as promised here are the links to Donna and Karen's blogs.

Taffy Crafting
https://taffycrafting.blogspot.com/2020/05/one-last-fling-with-retiring-products.html

Crafty Karen Designs
https://craftykarendesigns.blogspot.com/2020/05/share-it-on-sunday-goodbye-my-beauties.html

Thanks for joining me today, please click follow or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project.

I will be sending out copies of the Brand New catalogue shortly, so if you would like a copy, please send me a quick email Click Here and I will be sure to add you to the list.

See you Soon

Vickie
xxx


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, you've used it too, can't believe I hadn't realised about the gingham and bought up a shed load of it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen - I definitely thought you would have bought up the last of the gingham stock!! haha

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty Vickie, beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...