Tuesday 17 April 2018

Happy Birthday to My Main Squeeze Card using Stampin Up Products

Hello Everyone,

I created my card in response to a challenge (Surprise, Surprise!!) and I'm so glad that I joined it. The challenge was to use the Emboss Resist technique. Now a lot of people refer to this as an 'oldie but goodie' as this technique is nothing new and has been on videos and tutorials for some time.... but I have never tried it. So here is my first ever attempt at it.. what do you think??



The technique itself is rather simple - taking a piece of whisper white card I rubbed it over with my embossing buddy to remove any oils and static that may be on the card - you do not want the powder sticking anywhere but your stamped areas.

Ink up and image, I took the slice from Lemon Zest stamp set, and using versamark ink cover the whole piece with images. Sprinkle over clear embossing powder and lightly tap the back to remove any excess.

Heat up your heat gun so it's nice and hot and hover it over the cardstock to melt the powder. 

Once the paper has completely cooled, take out you sponges and a selection of inks and 'rub' the ink onto the paper. I find that small circular motions helps you create a smooth colour, it prevents getting lines or streaks on your design. I took Lemon Lime Twist and placed this on the right hand side, then used Daffodil Delight towards the centre work out to Pumkpin Pie. Between each colours you need to make sure you blend the colours well so you get the effect of them rolling into each other, you don't want straight harsh lines.

Once you have covered the whole of the mat, run a dry cloth over the embossed areas, this lifts the colour that has resisted and gives you a brighter crisper image.

This panel was adhered to a basic black card base and I used the Lemon Zest Bundle to create my sentiment pieces with the addition on the small happy birthday sentiment which comes from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set.

Here is a list of all the products I used, click on the links to head over to my online store if you would like to purchase anything..
Product List


Thank you so much for joining me today.

I hope to see you soon

Vickie
  xx


2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing your submission for this 'Heat Resist' challenge whilst I was thinking about what I was going to do for my own submission. I love how the hombre colours make the slices look like limes, lemons and oranges on the back ground. An amazing card Vicky well done. xx

    ReplyDelete

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...