Sunday 8 April 2018

Petal Palette Vellum Birthday Card using Stampin Up Products

Hello Everyone,

I've been feeling a little under the weather today - but I did manage to make one card, before I gave up and headed for a duvet day.

This card was created for a challenge over on Stampin or All on Facebook - the challenge was to make a project that included vellum. Now if I am honest, I haven't ever really used vellum so I have played  safe with the use of it here, but I think the card turned out well.



I took the large flower cluster and heat embossed it in white all over the black mat creating my own DSP. I felt the white was a little too stark, so adding a sheet of vellum over the top helped to soften it.
Whilst I had my heat gum to hand I embossed the happy birthday sentiment from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Stamp Set in gold and layered onto a piece of berry burst to provide some contrast.

I used the same cluster of flowers for my focal image, but this time stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black onto whisper white card stock. I then coloured this in with an aqua painter and my ink pads. I then ran this through the big shot along with the leaf thinlit. 

Once all my elements were ready, I just needed to stick them all into place. Now as the vellum is transparent - any adhesive used will show through, so the trick is to add adhesive to places that I knew I would cover - so under the coloured flower  and under my ribbon is where the adhesive sits to hold the vellum in place.

Here's a list of all the products I have used to make this card, Click the links to head over to my online store if you would like to purchase any of the below
Product List



I'm pretty happy with how this card turned out and I have vowed to try to use vellum more adventurously in projects so stay tuned to see how I get along!!

Thank you for stopping by.

See you Soon

Vickie
xx

2 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the vellum in this design, I too struggle with vellum and I am trying to find different ways to use it in my card designs if possible. I have another way now from looking at your design so thank you Vicky. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vellum isn't something I always think to use... but I love the results... I have vouched to try use it more xx Thanks Lorraine

      Delete

The Project Share Project - 28th March 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...