Monday 30 April 2018

Happiest of Birthdays to You Greeting Card using Stampin Up Products

Hello Everyone,

Can you believe it's Monday again.... I have had an awesome weekend. My niece had a Unicorn birthday party on Saturday and yesterday was my boyfriend's Grans Birthday.

I wanted to show off the card I made for her. It's a similar technique to what I used last week with my so eclectic card, but the results are so different.


I wanted to keep this card clean and simple, keeping the focus on the large floral image - so the layers of Tranquil tide, fresh fig and whisper white create depth and interest without being over facing.

To create the large image, I used versamark ink on my stamp to cover one corner of the card. Cover the inked area with gold embossing powder, tap off the excess and use the heat tool to melt the powder into place.

I decided to cover in the image with Stampin Write markers, but any colouring media will work. Having the otulines embossed helps to keep the ink inside the lines and from bleeding out. I used a paper towel to dab across the top once finished to remove any ink that was sitting on the heat embossed lines.

The 'Happiest of Birthdays to you' sentiment comes from the same stamp set as the floral image as was stamped in the opposite corner using black archival ink. I added the word Gran from a clearly Besotted stamp set that I also have.

Here is a list of all the products used (except the clearly besotted stamp set which I don't think is available anymore). Click on the links and you will be taken straight to my online store to purchase.
Product List


NOTE:- The Birthday Blooms stamp set will retire at the end of May, so be sure to get it ordered before it's no longer around.

thank you for joining me today.

Hope to see you all soon.

Vickie
 xx




2 comments:

  1. I love all large floral images and I will be sad that this one will be leaving the catalogue. But somethings have to go to allow new to come in. I think that the layering of the different coloured and white card stock made the floral heat embossed image to 'pop' on the front even though it wasn't right across the front. I loved this design too Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...