Tuesday 24 April 2018

You're Just Lovely Eclectic Birthday Card using Stampin Up Products

Good Morning Folks,

I decided to focus on the Naturally Eclectic Suite in this blog post. The bold bright colours along with great  images and sentiments from the stamp set give you so much scope to create a variety of wonderful cards.

Unfortunately as we are drawing to the end of our annual catalogue - we will loose the 2016-2018 in colors, in which two appear in this suite - Peekaboo Peach & Emerald Envy and the DSP. Thankfully the Stamp set and framelits are staying!

Here's my card for today, sticking with the colours I know will be staying around:-



I took the outline image of the open flower and gold heat embossed it three times, then I used my Stampin' Write markers to colour them in. I fussy cut the flowers, but there is a framelit set which has a piece to cut the flower if you wish, I just found it quick to fussy cut. Whilst I had the heat tool out, I also gold embossed the sentiment onto fresh fig cardstock.

Fresh Fig is used to make a tent fold card base and a piece of the naturally eclectic DSP was layered on top. I cut a thin piece of lemon lime twist and stamped it with petal images to inject a little bit more colour. 

This was a very quick and simple card to make, The detailed DSP and the beautiful stamp set really do all the hard work themselves!!

here's a list of all the products I used, if you would like to purchase any just click on the link and you will be taken to my online store.
Product List

Thank you for joining me today.. don't forget to check out this amazing suite. Although some of the item will still be available in the new catalogue some will disappear for good.

See you again soon.

Vickie
xx

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that this stamp set is still going to be available but I don't understand why SU would not continue the DSP as well. But we are not discussing that we are talking about the beautiful card you have created. I love the fact that you heat embossed the flowers three times with the gold embossing powder. Did you use your Stamparatus for this? I do find fussy cutting easier sometimes because I have to get out my Big Shot and if I can cut round the image then I will rather than going through the whole process of getting the Big Shot out and then putting it away again. Great card, lots of techniques demonstrated thank you Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine, yes the whole suite was stunning and I miss the DSP especially!! I sometimes opt for fussy cutting over die cutting just because of the speed as I have to move a load of stuff to use it. xx

      Delete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...