Monday 23 April 2018

Artistically Asian Greetings Card using Stampin Up products

Hey Everyone,

Monday again, hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent Saturday crafting with my friend Amanda - which was so much fun. We made allsorts of projects, had a good natter and of course plenty of coffee and biscuits. I always end up coming away from our get togethers full of new ideas and new ways of seeing things!!

One thing we chatted about is the arrival of the new catalogue and the sets we will miss when they retire.... also those stamp set that haven't been shown too much love. You all know how it is, you get a new delivery and these stamps seem to be used regularly and others seem to just sit on the shelf.

I decided that I would go back to my stamp shelf and take a closer look at all the sets I own and make sure I get some use out of the sets that I haven't used or used very little.

Here's my card for today using the Artistically Asian, which will carry over into the next catalogue - but I was yet to ink it up. And, boy! I'm glad I did because I love this card.


I wanted to create a dramatic card so I thought black, red and gold would work perfectly.

I thought the plain red looked a little flat, so I used the two symbols and covered the whole piece in real red ink, It's subtlety works well to create come additional interest.

Taking the floral image and the symbols I used gold embossing power to get  really bold and shiny images. These were then layered onto so gold foil and placed onto the mat.

This piece was put onto a basic black card base.

Here is a list of all the products used, if you would like to purchase, click on the images to be taken to my online store..

Product List
I hope you have enjoyed today's card. I encourage you to take a look a bit deeper into the products you already have, you will be surprised at what you have which may be overlooked.

Don't forget the Stampin Up retirement list has been published and there are a lot of stamp sets that will no longer be available come 1st June.... head over to check out the items leaving us and take advantage now before they are no longer available.

Thanks for stopping by,

See you soon

Vickie

2 comments:

  1. The colours you chose for this card were ideal and they were so oriental so when you added the gold embossed floral image and lettering it just worked! It just worked! I am glad you had a great time crafting with Amanda too. xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...