Thursday 2 June 2022

Huge Hues of Happiness Congratulations Lidded Gift Box. 3D Thursday

 Good Morning Everyone

It's Thursday, and that means we have another Bird's 3D Thursday for you. All three of us will be sharing fabulous projects with you today! 

I was asked by a crafty friend to help out with some measurements for a box for a book and a card. The Box needed to measure 8" x 6" x 2". I did a few calculations and created a very simple lidded box. I thought I'd also share it with you, as It's a great size and you can fit all sorts of goodies inside.

It's another project using the Hues of Happiness DSP - I just cannot put it down, it's stunning! I love the bold print here, so I wanted to keep the embellishment simple so I fussy cut the exact cluster for a scrap of DSP and put it up on dimensionals to add a little extra interest, then finished with a very simple sentiment.








Measurements

Starry Sky Card Stock

1pc - 10" x 12"

Tahitian Tide Card Stock

1pc - 8" x 10"

1pc - scrap

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - scrap

Hues of Happiness DSP

1pc - 7 7/8" x 5 7/8"

1pc - fussy cut floral cluster.

---------------------------------------------

Take the Starry Sky card stock and in your Simply Scored and score on all four side at 2". Fold and burnish all the score lines and then cut up all the squares and notch to create tabs.



Repeat the above process with the Tahitian Tide Card stock, but score at 1" on all four sides.



Pop the DSP into the centre of the Tahitian Tide Card stock



Add Seal+ to the tabs you created - fold up the Tab on the Starry Sky to create the base, and the tabs on the Tahitian Tide to create the lid.

Stamp the sentiment from Inspired Thoughts stamp set trim and cut at an angle at the left , layer to a piece of Tahitian Tide and trim so you have a nice even border along the bottom and left edge. 

Place the fussy cut floral cluster directly over the exact image on the lid with dimensionals, then place the sentiment on the lid, tucking the right hand side under the raised flowers.

Thank You for taking the time to look at my project today, I hope you liked it. Please take a look at what both Donna & Karen have made for today.

Taffy Crafting

Crafty Karen Designs

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List









If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holding You Close Enduring Beauty Greeting Card.

  Good Afternoon Everyone, I'm using the Enduring Beauty bundle again - I just cannot put it down! But today I'm showing you a reall...