Thursday 20 October 2022

Happiness Abounds Happy Birthday Card. Creative Colour Challenges - #CCC59

 Good Morning Everyone

Happy Thursday - So I would ordinarily share my project for Creative Colour Challenges on a Monday as the new combo is released, but this week I had a bit of a moment and created a card using two correct colours - but for some reason I ended up using Calypso Coral instead of Melon Mambo! I have no idea where my head was - but it's a pretty card and that combo works well too, so I'll share that at a later date!

But, I digress! This week's colour combo is Cherry Cobbler, Melon Mambo & Grammy Apple Green. With these colour begin bold and rich, I did struggle with how to balance them to get a good result and I decided that I small pop of each colour was the way to go.

I've used Basic Black and Very Vanilla as my base tones and the Happiness Abounds Bundle. What do you think?





Measurements

Basic Black Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

1pc - 5 1/2" x 3 3/4"

Very Vanilla Card Stock

2pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

1pc - scrap

Granny Apple Green Card Stock

1pc - scrap strip.

-----------------------------------------

Take the larger piece of Basic Black card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Add one of the Very Vanilla Pieces to the inside.

On a scrap of Very Vanilla stamp the larger outline flower image in memento black ink and once dried, colour using Melon Mambo & Cherry Cobbler Stampin Blends. I used all four of my blends here and did a lot of too-ing and fro-ing, blending and re-applying colour to get the desired effect - Cut this out using the coordinating die or it's actually a pretty simple shape to fussy cut.

Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of Granny Apple Green in Memento Ink. line up the ticket strip die above the sentiment, making sure the straight line edge is away from the wording and run through your die cutting machine, repeat along the bottom.

Whilst you have the Cut & Emboss machine handy, run the remaining piece of Basic Black though the Pretty Flowers embossing folder.

Add the Granny Apple Green strip about a third of the way up, making sure the sentiment is over to the left. Trim off any overhanging card.

Layer this piece to the Very Vanilla piece and add to the centre of the card front.

Finally position the beautiful flower with a couple of dimensionals.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today. If you would like more information on the challenges or have a project to enter - check out my blog Creative Colour Challenges

 


Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List





If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Colour Challenges - #136

   Good Morning Everyone, Happy Monday! I know this is a little late, I had a tricky time getting two little kiddies down to bed last night ...