Monday 3 January 2022

Shaded Summer Emboss Resist Thank You Card. Creative Colour Challenges #CCC18

 Good Morning Everyone,

Hope you are all well? 

Today I wanted to show you my entry for this week's Creative Colour Challenges. I really like the combination this week and I felt that I needed to do something quite dramatic with the colour, so I did the emboss resist technique. The flowers soften the look slightly, but it still keeps it's dark and moody background.






Measurements

Misty Moonlight Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

1pc - scrap

Gorgeous Grape Card Stock

1pc - scrap

Gray Granite Card Stock

1pc - scrap

-------------------------------------------

Take the Misty Moonlight card stock and fold along the score line to create you card base. Add one of the Basic White pieces to the inside.

On the other piece of basic white stamp the smaller floral cluster in versamark ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Leave to cool.

Once cooled, add ink with your sponges or blending brushes. I started with the misty moonlight and covered about a third, then the next third was Gorgeous Grape, and finally the remaining third was gray granite. I started off with light coverage and just kept adding more ink to deepen the colour and blend where the colour met, just swapping and changing the colours and my sponges as I went. The Key here is to add slowly and build up, you can always add more ink, but it's near impossible to take it away! 

Now, take some kitchen roll/Paper towel and go over the panel, lifting the ink from the embossed areas and the ink doesn't 'soak' in it just sits on the top. this will make a huge difference to your images and make then lovely and bright.

When you are happy with your blending add this panel to the card front.

Now heat emboss the larger flower image in White onto gorgeous grape card stock. Once this has cooled fussy cut and layer onto gray granite card stock, and fussy cut again, leaving a nice even border all the way around.

Add this to the card front, kind of into the centre with dimensionals.

On a scrap of basic white, stamp the thank you sentiment in versamark and clear heat emboss. Once cooled, cover with the gray granite ink. Cut out using the Tailored Tag punch and then add ink to the edges to make it look like a darker mat.

Place this onto the card over the stem of the flower.

I absolutely love how this turned out and I think I could love amazing in so many other colour ways.

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

Don't forget to pop on over to Creative Colour Challenges and join in with the fun!

Thanks for joining me today, please make sure you sign up to my Newsletters - I send a Weekly Round Up so that you get to see all the projects I have made that week - plus I also send a Monthly email full of news and updates for the upcoming month.

Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual Catalogue. I will also be sending out copies of the new Mini Catalogue soon - So let me know if you would like me to get one or both in the post for you. ( Mini catalogues will be despatched late Dec)

If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 28th March 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...