Saturday 21 August 2021

Snowman Season's Merry Christmas Card. InpsireINK Keep It Simple Blog Hop August 2021

 Good Morning Everyone,

Today I'm taking part in the inspireINK monthly blog hop and the theme for August is Keep It Simple. Now, I'll be honest I struggle with simple sometimes, just because I'm used to adding layers and bits and bobs that a simple card can feel unfinished - i'm sure you know what I mean!

I decided to use this cute snowman Image, a tiny bit of colouring and a coloured mat to add some interest, but keep it within the brief - but also easy to replicate and batch make. This will be a design I revisit nearer Christmas to bulk up my Christmas Card Pile.







Measurements

Basic White Thick Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 4 7/8" x 3"

Misty Moonlight Card Stock

1pc - 5" x 3 1/8"

Take the smaller piece of basic white and stamp the snowman image in memento towards the top of the piece. Below stamp the sentiment. The two words appear in a line on the stamp, but I wanted them on separate lines, so to do this Mask off one of the words, ink up then remove the mask and stamp. Clean off your stamp really well and then repeat the process for the second word.

Add a small amount of colour with your blends.

Create your card base by folding the thick basic white card stock along the score line

Layer the stamped panel to the Misty Moonlight mat and then add to the centre of the card front.

I love this design, and as I said, it really lends itself to being able to batch make, but you could also use this layout as a starting point and add some more elements to really step it up.

Please click continue through the hop and see what all to other talented InspireINK ladies have created today

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card. Click on the images to head over to my online store. Product List

Thanks for joining me today, please make sure you sign up to my Newsletters - I send a Weekly Round Up so that you get to see all the projects I have made that week - plus I also send a Monthly email full of news and updates for the upcoming month.

Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual Catalogue. I will also be sending out copies of the new August to December Mini Catalogue- So let me know if you would like me to get one or both in the post for you.

If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

7 comments:

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...