Friday 23 July 2021

Dragonfly Garden Thank You for your KIndness Card. Color Throwdown #CTD652

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Friday Folk. I can't believe how quick this week has past!

As you know I join in with lots of challenges and blog hops etc  - all to help my mojo and focus with crafting and today I'm joining in with a brand new one called Color Throwdown (I'll leave a link below)  which I only discovered this week.  It's really simple, each week we are given a selection of colours and you have to create a project using them. The colors are generic - blue, green pink etc so anyone can join in!









Measurements

Crumb Cake Cardstock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Basic White Cardstock

2pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

scraps for the dragonfly

Take one of the basic white pieces, holding it horizontally, lightly sponge the top half with balmy blue ink and the bottom half with Old Olive. Keep it quite light at this stage, you can always add to it later. 

Stamp the wild flower cluster in crumb Crumb cake ink along the bottom green edge, varying the height to give some interest.

At thia point I added somw more green to deepen the colour, but not much.

Now with Old olive blends fill in some of the larger leaves, and with crumb cake colour the flower centres. Cover the daisy petals in wink of stella over the daisy heads.

Stamp the sentiment in the top left hand corner in crumb cake. 

Take alook at your sponged background and add some more colour if you'd prefer. 

Create a card base by folding the crumb cake card stock along the score line,sponge the edges with crumb cake ink then add the stamped panel to the front of the card.

Sponge the edges of the remaining piece of basic white with crumb cake ink. Stamp the Dragonfly in the bottom left and colour eith light Bermuda Bay. Add some wink if stella to the body and wings.

Place this panel the inside of the card.

Ona scrap of basic white stamp the same Dragonfly, colour with Bermuda Bay and add the wink of stella, but this time punch out and add to the card front, pulling up the wings slightly to give some dimension.

I have really enjoyed this colour challeneg and I will certainly be heading back next week to see what new inspiration they have to share. 

Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card. Click on the images to head over to my online store. Product List

Thanks for joining me today, please make sure you sign up to my Newsletters - I send a Weekly Round Up so that you get to see all the projects I have made that week - plus I also send a Monthly email full of news and updates for the upcoming month.

Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual Catalogue. I will also be sending out copies of the new August to December Mini Catalogue- So let me know if you would like me to get one or both in the post for you.

If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx



2 comments:

  1. Love your 3D butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...