Saturday 17 July 2021

You're a Peach Bookbinding Fold Happy Birthday Card.

   Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Saturday, hope you all have some exciting things planned for the weekend? Today I'm so super lucky that I'm off out for Afternoon Tea, but not just any old afternoon tea - 3 of my closest most bestest crafting friends. Travelling up for all over the country Karen, Donna & Lynn will be arriving later and I'm so excited!!

But first, I want to share this fabulous card with you. I've never done this kind of fold before, it's super easy and gives a really cute effect.






Measurements

Pear Pizzazz Cardstock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4"

Balmy Blue

1pc - 3/4" x 4"

1pc - 7/8" x 4"

1pc - 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"

Basic White Cardstock

1pc - 3 1/4" x 5 5/8"

1pc - 2 3/8" x 3 3/8"


Take the Pear Pizzazz cardstock and score at 5 3/4" and 6 3/4". Fold the cardstock in half as you would normally to create a card base, but then fold the front piece back on itself. The smaller piece will get glued down against the back piece to make the book bind element



Adhere the Balmy Blue mat layers to the front the spine and add the DSP on top. Add the remaining piece of DSP to the inside, and place the smaller piece of Basic white into the centre - this will give you somewhere to write your message.

Wrap the ribbon around the spine piece so that when you adhere the two sections together, the ribbon will be trapped between the layers.  Then tie a bow or a knot (I did a knot because I just couldn't get my bow to look right!!) on the front, I have added a glue dot under the knot to keep it in place. 

Add some glue to the back of the 'spine' piece and adhere down - just this thin 1" section.

Now for some Stamping!!! Take the happy birthday stamp and ink up just the Birthday - I masked off the Happy with a bit of tape, then removed it before stamping. Add this to the bottom right. Repeat this process for the Happy. Then stsmp the other sentiment in the top left. 

Next stamp the peach. To get that two tone and shading first ink up the whole of the stamp in Pale Papaya and then add some Calypso coral to the edge. I lighty touched the edge of the stamp into my ink pad, but you could add this colour to the stamp with a dauber.

Once the Stamping is complete, layer this to the balmy blue and add to the card front. 

Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card. Click on the images to head over to my online store. Product List

Thanks for joining me today, please make sure you sign up to my Newsletters - I send a Weekly Round Up so that you get to see all the projects I have made that week - plus I also send a Monthly email full of news and updates for the upcoming month.

Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual Catalogue. I will also be sending out copies of the new August to December Mini Catalogue- So let me know if you would like me to get one or both in the post for you.

If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

1 comment:

  1. Love the card and the fold - hope you had a fab time yesterday x

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...