Tuesday 4 May 2021

True Love Hand Coloured Happy Birthday Card. Crafty Collaborations Technique Blog Hop May 2021.

 Good Afternoon Everyone,

We have another Crafty Collaborations Hop this afternoon and this week we are focusing on Colouring. 

Now, if you are familiar with me and my work you will know that I absolutely love to colour and my fave way to colour is to use my Stampin Blends. So, they were to obvious choice along with the True Love DSP for this hop.







Measurements

Basic Black Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

2pc - scrap for the scallop ovals

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

2pc - scraps for the ovals

True Love DSP

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8" - the Diamond design

1pc - fussy cut floral cluster

-------------------------------

Take the larger piece of the DSP and colour in all the sections with blends -  I started with the centre square and worked out - Balmy Blue, Petal Pink, SO Saffron - the I used Crumb cake to fill in the rest. Colour in the fussy cut floral cluster with Poppy Parade, so saffron and Shaded Spruce Blends.

Fold your basic black card stock along the score line to create your card base, adding the DSP panel to the front and the basic white piece to the inside.

Stamp the sentiments from Oval occasions in Poppy Parade onto some scraps of basic white. Take your double oval punch and put the Happy Birthday towards to right leaving some white on the left side, repeat the first steps with the time to celebrate, but this time put the sentiment towards the  left leaving the white space onto the right. Layer these ovals onto black scalloped ovals, then trim off the 'white space' adding these to the card front, lining up the cut edge with the DSP.

place the fussy cut flowers into the centre of the card stock with dimensionals, filling the space between the two sentiments/

I hope you enjoyed my card today, Please continue through the list below and see what everyone else has done for this Colouring Technique Challenge.


Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card. Click on the images to head over to my online store. Product List

Thanks for joining me today, please click follow or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project. Also be sure to sign up to my Newsletters. I send two per month, one with News & Updates and a second with an exclusive newsletter subscriber tutorial.

Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Brand New Annual and/or our Jan-Jun Mini Catalogue. - So let me know and I would be happy to send you a copy.

If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

11 comments:

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...