Sunday 16 May 2021

Pretty Perennials Sending Lots of Happy Mail Card using the Masking Technique. Share it on a Sunday

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Sunday, it's that time of the week again when Donna, Karen and myself team up to bring you three projects on the same theme. 

This week we are focusing on the Masking Technique. I love this Technique as It gives a great effect, with minimal effort. 

I sat and made this version after my first idea failed, and it was never my intention but it does happen to look similar to a card Karen made earlier this week. It must have been floating around in my subconscious! We have used the same stamp set but different colours and sentiments, giving very different looks.

 



Measurements

Pale Papaya Card Stock 

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

Soft Succulent Card Stock

2pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

Basic White Card Stock 

2pc - 3 5/8" x 5 3/8"

--------------------------------------------

Fold the Pale Papaya Card Stock along the score line and add a piece of the Soft Succulent to the inside, and the other to the card front. 

On one of the basic white pieces stamp the large flower once in two opposite corners adding the stemens in soft succulent. Add this panel to the inside of the card.

Cut a post it note to measure 3" x 2", making sure you leave as much stick on it as possible, then stick it into the centre of the remaining piece of basic white - this will protect the area below from any ink and should give you a nice clean crisp white rectangle after stamping.



Take some of the images from the Pretty Perennials stamp set and fill the card stock - start by going around the post it note and making the images close together will help provide that straight line you are after. I used a handful of colours and different stamps to create my patterned card piece.



Peel off the post it note and you should have a nice crisp rectangle to add the sentiments. I used those from the same stamp set and used two colours to add a bit of interest.

Add this panel to the card front and you are all done - I have made a handful of these and will be sending out some Happy Mail shortly!

I hope you enjoyed today's project, please pop on over and see what Donna and Karen have both made too.

Crafty Karen Designs

Taffy Crafting

Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card. Click on the images to head over to my online store. Product List


Thanks for joining me today, please click follow or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project. Also be sure to sign up to my Newsletters. I send two per month, one with News & Updates and a second with an exclusive newsletter subscriber tutorial.

Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual and/or our Jan-Jun Mini Catalogue. We have a brand new Annual Catalogue  OUT NOW- So let me know if you would like to get one in the post for you.

If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.


See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

3 comments:

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...