Sunday 30 May 2021

Fabulous Delicate Petals Wedding Card. Share it on a Sunday

 Good Morning everyone,

Its share it on a Sunday and this week we are making wedding themed projects.

Now please bear with me on this, because I seem to have gone a little rogue, but there is a reason. Good friends of our got married a few years a go and this card is a tribute to them and there colour scheme. My Friend is not a pink and fluffy girly girl or completely and the other end of the spectrum - but she does have particular tastes (and before anyone says anything - she will 100% agree with me on all of this).

I have chosen to create this card as a nod the the wedding day, but I can also send this as their anniversary card as, I think the sentiment could work for both.

I've used the Delicate petals and Elegantly Said stamp set and the Simply Elegant DSP.




Measurements

Night of Navy Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/42, scored at 5 7/8"

scraps

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

scrap

Simply Elegant DSP

scraps

Take the Night of Navy Card Stock and fold along the score line, adding one of the basic white pieces to the inside.

On a scrap of basic white stamp the lacy segment shape three times to create a semi circle. trim this down and then using some blends add some colour. Add this to the other piece of basic white so the straight edge is flush with left hand side and in the centre. I did this on scrap in case I messed up with my positioning. I felt it easy to gauge the centre with a piece I could wiggle about!  but you could do it straight onto the mat if you wanted.

Add the sentiment to the lower right hand side. 

Punch out three flowers in card and three in dsp and layer these up, adding these to the card front. I used this specific design so that the gold circles became the centre of the flowers...



Adhere the panel to the card front.

Finally take some of the Gray Granite ribbon, wrap around the card front and tie in a neat knot - trim the edges.

Like I said, this may not be to everyone's taste but my friend will love the attention to detail and thought gone into this - from the Grey, Blue and Gold colour combo to the gray lace with accents of blue which appeared on her dress..

Please take a look at what Donna and Karen have both made today...

Taffy Crafting

Crafty Karen Designs

Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card. Click on the images to head over to my online store. Product List

Thanks for joining me today, please click follow or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project. Also be sure to sign up to my Newsletters. I send two per month, one with News & Updates and a second with an exclusive newsletter subscriber tutorial.

Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual and/or our Jan-Jun Mini Catalogue. We have a brand new Annual Catalogue  OUT NOW- So let me know if you would like to get one in the post for you.

If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

1 comment:

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...