Tuesday 6 March 2018

Faux Metal Sentiment Embellishment Masculine Birthday Card using Stampin Up Products

Hello,

I hope you are all doing well. Today I wanted to make a masculine card, but for some reason I struggle sometimes. I find it easy to pull together a feminine one but I have to think much harder for a male card.

I wanted to create something very simple and effect, and I think I have done so here. The Happy Birthday sentiment is 3D, metallic and shiny. I love the finished result and the technique is very simple and easy to do.



Jennifer McGuire is incredibly talented and I would encourage you to go check her out on YouYube if you are not familiar with her work - it's amazing and after watching a video she did on create Faux Metal Embellishments - it just had to try it out! Thanks Jennifer!

Here's how I created the sentiment:-

Run the Happy Birthday thinlit die through the big shot three times, and then stack and glue these together. Once the glue has dried, ink it up really well with Versamark ink and carefully cover with silver embossing powder. Heat the powder as normal until it melts and turns shiny. Leave to cool and then repeat the process two more times. Make sure that the sides of the die cuts are covered, but take care not to get too much on the back as you want a flat carded surface to help you adhere this to the card front.

As the layers build up you will find that finish becomes raised and smooth. The dimension really does make it look like a metal embellishment.

I wanted the main focus to be on the sentiment, so I layered a whisper white card base with a layer of basic black, basic gray and then a piece of DSP from the True Gentleman paper pack.

Place the sentiment into the centre and it's finished.

Here's a list of the products I have used. You can click on the items below to purchase, or just head over to my store.
Product List
Thank you for taking a look at today's project, I had so much fun creating it - I hope you give it a go and don't forget to check Jennifer McGuire Ink out over on YouTube.

Hope to see you again soon.

Vickie
 xx

2 comments:

  1. I really like how this turned out. Which cardstock did you use for the Happy Birthday diecut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just used Stampin Up Whisper White and stacked them up!

      Delete

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...